TheHelper Site History - 1st Official Blizzard Battle.net Forums MVP Story

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
TheHelper City - the MyMiniCity days...

Man I remember the first time I logged on and saw this minicity thing. I think at the time it was on the front page perhaps? It's been a long time but man that city got BIG!

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
We are currently ranked #231 in the US for MyMiniCity. I think at the peak I had us within the top 100.

Story Updated!

added Helper.net Member Awards section
added more coming sections like Ilendil, Sixen, and RPDom.
NUON-Dome Section added.
Tweaked the timeline a little as well moving entries up or down to better correspond with the real timeline.
Removed much Coming Soon
Removed some NEW entries.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Bunch of new sections added
Bunch of formatting fixes
Made a new forum specifically for the History Story
Going to make each section its own post - WIP

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I agree with Firecat, this is an awesome compilation! Keep digging stuff up. It is fun to read--some threads I recognize, and others are completely new (but juicy/nostalgic nonetheless).

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Made a MVP only Index for just the MVP History in the story.
Did a couple of more sections to individual posts.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Added a whole bunch of information to the Banners and Looks throughout the years page
As well as a bunch of historic banner graphics and layouts.
Added the Prolog to the Index.
Finished up the MVP path sections all to to their own posts.

Currently I am moving sections to their own posts slowly and getting a feel for how I want to expand on each one as I go. Sometimes just expanding then.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Continuing to split off sections contained in the main document to there own forum posts. Did 3 more today. Also tweaked and added a bunch of stuff to the dmoz.org section.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Split the MVP Path Only part of the story off to its own post and stickied it in the Site History Forum. This will act as a secondary portal to the Story.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Additional Sections made into forum posts including Acehart the World Editor Version and SD_Ryoko, also SFilip Plus I made the History forum the first one in the Forums Index :)

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Updated Index with Notpron thread link and moved that thread into the Site History forum. Also the Other Section.

Notpron Walkthru - by far - the Most Viewed Thread in the Forums - over a million views as of 9/8/13

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't forget me :p Half of the WC3 resource Forum is MINE :D

You have to remember though, I was not and am not very active in the World Editor area. It is best if you guys write your own history and post it. I am just not up to speed with everyone who helps in World Editor.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any way I can permanent sticky this thread to the top of this forum instead of it cycling through the stickied posts?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Varine Varine:
    He walked away from the first batch, learned nothing and walked away from the second batch, and then tried to toast it in a saute pan made out of aluminum so it scorched immediately and then I took away and he was sad all day
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    I know our range sucks but it's still a fucking fire down there, I've never measured it but I'm sure it's like a couple thousand degrees.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I wish I had a flat top grill in my kitchen!
  • jonas jonas:
    I wish I could cook asian dishes :D
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You just need a pressure cooker like an instapot for the asian dishes
  • The Helper The Helper:
    they make that stuff easy
  • The Helper The Helper:
    and there is a flat top grill I can buy that will work on my stovetop but it is pricey
  • The Helper The Helper:
    and I have no room for that anyway
  • Varine Varine:
    I have a thing that goes over two burners for my house, but it doesn't work great. I think they make ones that plug in where the coils go but it's not cheap.
  • Varine Varine:
    And yeah if you have a pressure cooker you can do lots of stuff really fast. Depending on what you're trying to do it ranges from really easy to really hard
  • Varine Varine:
    If you want to make tonkotsu broth, you're gonna have a rough time, but if you want to do like stir fries or something that tends to be pretty easy
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Ingredients are sometimes hard to find though, which is why we're doing 'fusion'. We don't have wok burners either, so it'll be kind of a weird transition
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Added another slow cooker recipe - this time a dessert - Slow Cooker Fried Apples https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-slow-cooker-cracker-barrel-fried-apples.192860/
  • Varine Varine:
    I have three teenagers apply for college that all asked for letters of recommendation with like two days notice lol. Like I get it guys, and I'm happy to help, but maybe tell me you need it before you need to turn these applications in?
  • Varine Varine:
    I guess they are literal children, so not exactly the best at thinking ahead. Fucking kids
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Yeah they are just inexperienced and young
  • jonas jonas:
    I'm still horrible at that :eek: often forget things or do things on the last minute
  • The Helper The Helper:
    My daughter is same way
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Saturday people!!!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am sure nobody cares but I am seriously considering taking the Gaming News forum and just changing it to General Gaming Discussion since I post so much about gaming in the General Discussion Forum
  • The Helper The Helper:
    guests online 487 at 12:30 and none of them show up on the stats - all bots man
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Latest recipe is a great one - I love Philly Cheese and this is Philly Cheese Meatloaf https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-philly-cheese-meatloaf.192935/
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Beep boop
    +3
  • Varine Varine:
    I for one welcome our bot overlords

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.