Added the Xenforo section WIP

XenForo

Added the

WC3 Hosted Mappers

The Usual Suspects - Battle.net Open Tech Support Guild

Site Power Up - The very first forums and everything lost

VBulletin

Potential Section Stubs

Also fixups, cleanup and other general enhancements as always :)

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Heh.. I was a TheHelper.net poster before I became an MVP.

If you want I can contribute to this somehow, I've only been an MVP for a few years though.

The Helper

Administrator
Staff member
Heh.. I was a TheHelper.net poster before I became an MVP.

If you want I can contribute to this somehow, I've only been an MVP for a few years though.

Info on the current MVP program, and how you became a MVP. Also, about how you found TH.net and maybe some of that story too. It might not be interesting to you but it is interesting to us :)

The Helper

Administrator
Staff member
I stubbed out the main Tom Mai link on the Story since his stuff is in the stories section. I am going to do my own thing on Tom since I think I know him pretty well posting news together for a number of years now :)

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Oh yeah. I showed the MVP-specific part of this to a recently added MVP, Leviathan. He thought it was interesting to read the history of the MVP program even though he never had anything to do with Thehelper.net.

Anyway I will write up something for this eventually. I will have to check in with the guys at Blizzard to see how many details I'm allowed to spill about the inner-workings of the MVP program currently. :p

The Helper

Administrator
Staff member
They have a bunch of information about it public I have been doing some research. I will be adding Moar to that section later.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Let's see if we can invite a few more MVPs and try to finish the research up with even more details, hopefully we get Blizzard's attention and actually get one of the employees to reply here.

The Helper

Administrator
Staff member
Let's see if we can invite a few more MVPs and try to finish the research up with even more details, hopefully we get Blizzard's attention and actually get one of the employees to reply here.

I highly doubt that Tom Mai. We have not had a Blizzard forum lurker in a long time. Last one was our StarEdit mod back on the SitePowerUp forums before we got Vbulletin.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Since Daskunk said that he's going to check up with Blizzard, he might share this site with them. Who knows? There's a chance!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Chat should show on the sidebar when not logged in now.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    (You'll still need to log in to post messages)
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Test!
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I must be in a test server.
    Nice, Twitter tweets embedding now works
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Yup.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Excellent.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    @tom_mai78101 Hello there.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Tagging works in the chat too.
    @Ghan Missed it.
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Still fixing things here and there. Added widgets to the portal, will make it match the ones here on the forum index tomorrow.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    The venerable World Editor Tutorials site has been converted to HTTPS at last.
  • jonas jonas:
    cool
  • jonas jonas:
    and I can even edit my messages, nice
  • seph ir oth seph ir oth:
    GENERAL CHIT CHAT, YOU ARE A BOLD ONE
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hello there
  • The Helper The Helper:
    this new chatbox is great and the forum software update is great too
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    upgrade has fixed forum registration spam problem
    Something tells me we might be able to customize the chatbox a bit, considering that there's a gap under every message.
  • Wizard Wizard:
    Going to deploy a fix soon, just had to take some time for myself this weekend.
  • Varine Varine:
    Unbelievable. Time for yourself? How dare you!
  • Wizard Wizard:
    xD
    Hm, it is now harder to type anything on an Android phone. Pressing Backspace or Enter keys will dismiss the Android keyboard for some reasons.

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop