There's quite an uproar on the Custom Map forums.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Oh lordy.
Maybe it'll be recreated for WC3, with the much better battlenet system/custom map searching.

Or y'know stop being insensitive or give a warning to remove the words. I've never heard of the word dyke as a racial slur, i thought of it as a dam blocker.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
There appears to be a bunch of other issues aswell. Blizzard used to be quite a good company...

People should go on strike and not get on SC2 anymore :p

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Well, he imported a dictionary with ~32k words in his map and dyke was apparently "the least offensive" one. It's kinda obvious that a dictionary includes offensive words...

Anyway, what I find more interesting is the fact that some people actually report that stuff to Blizzard. oO

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Blizzard is probably still testing the waters here. They have never before tried to moderate something on this scale, so there are bound to be missteps and so on in the beginning. It is good that they are working to resolve the issue (at least that is what the rep said in the thread) so hopefully this won't continue to be a huge issue. :)

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Well, he imported a dictionary with ~32k words in his map and dyke was apparently "the least offensive" one. It's kinda obvious that a dictionary includes offensive words...
This. I bet it had some pretty bad words in it, and its fine if blizzard bans it for that.

Plus they already contacted him back and they're looking into it. I don't doubt his map will be back up if he finds a way to filter the words.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Its kinda stupid try to moderate stuff like that anyways.

Words filters pff... Words alone mean nothing. Its the message you use them for what counts really.

Cant they just let all the maps roam free and then if some people actually care enough to start complain about some stuff they can start investigating stuff, giving warnings and banning authors and stuff.

Thats just my opinion, though.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
EDIT: For anyone interested in the sort of bad words it was banned, or you want to help him with getting it re-uploaded view this thread. As you can see, dyke was the least of them.

Its kinda stupid try to moderate stuff like that anyways.

Words filters pff... Words alone mean nothing. Its the message you use them for what counts really.

Cant they just let all the maps roam free and then if some people actually care enough to start complain about some stuff they can start investigating stuff, giving warnings and banning authors and stuff.

Thats just my opinion, though.
People did complain about it. :p Thats why it was removed. But maps can be blocked from being uploaded if the title has bad words, too.
"the reports we received for the words included in the map’s dictionary were fairly vast, and clearly offensive in most cases."

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
How is possible that this forum claims that your post was made today, when I already read it few days ago?

( Terrible doubt is infesting my mind. Do I see future? Am I going insane? Whats happening? )

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
How is possible that this forum claims that your post was made today, when I already read it few days ago?

( Terrible doubt is infesting my mind. Do I see future? Am I going insane? Whats happening? )

I think he edited it, I don't remember seeing the edit part before, or maybe it contained bad words and was deleted, thus he re-posted this version

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.