This model is not working in game and not sure why.

Doug

Reaction score
The person who made this model has told me countless times that it works in game but it does not for me. Can anyone try it out and tell me if it is working for you? Its a recolor of the aura target buff, (the lil blue circle when units are buffed by an aura like Devotion aura.) Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• YellowAuraTarget.mdx
    3 KB · Views: 246

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
when you import a model you HAVE to save/close the map then reopen or it wont work

Doug

Reaction score
I have done that, have you tried this model? I've been importing models for years, this one has got to be the only one giving me issues.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Havent checked it yet but have you tried to download the model again? Maybe it got corrupted while it was downloading. Such things happen with the internet.

Doug

Reaction score
Yes, I've tried that multiple times as well. I even went as far to convert the mdx to a mdl and it still doesn't work.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I have imported the model into a map.
It is working in the sense, that i can view different animations it got. But i dont see anything either.
It really seems to malfunction.

To be completely sure you should maybe hand it over to the guys at TheHiveWorkshop. They are experts when it comes to wc3 models. If somebody can tell you whether it works or not, and what is malfunctioning, then those guys probably can.

Doug

Reaction score
Sad thing is I've tried to but they all agree it works in game and i don't think they've even bothered to test it in game -.-

Markhaos

Reaction score
I'll have a look at it... I work with models and animations all the time. (Best thing about creating maps to me)

Markhaos

Reaction score
View attachment TargetAura.mdx
View attachment GenericGlowFaded.blp

Your yellow target aura in short is screwed... don't wanna go into detail. There is a way to get it working i'm sure... but i don't know however i remade it in a sense. It's a flashing target aura that use a generic glow texture file. I've included the texture file so you can edit it.. change colour and shapes blah blah.. simple to use. Edit it in photoshop or some photo editing program (Remember to save as 32 tga) then convert it with image extractor or some blp conversion program.
There is no texture path.

just use this as your custom path.
GenericGlowFaded.blp

not this
war3mapimported\GenericGlowFaded.blp

or this
Textures\GenericGlowFaded.blp

if you want a non flashing one let me know.

Doug

Reaction score
First of all, thank you for taking the time and go out of your way to do all this, i really appreciate it.

The flashing one seems like it can be very distracting and i would very much appreciate a non flashing one. On another note, my Photoshop skills only go as far as being able to put a transparent layer over the GenericGlowFaded texture and then making it yellow, but won't that ruin the alpha channels?

Lastly, i was hoping to use this for different auras, and have different colors depending on the main aura's color. Don't think I can use the same model over and over simply because they all link to the same texture path.

If you can maybe show me how to edit a model just enough to change it's texture link path to GenericGlowFaded1.blp and GenericGlowFaded2.blp I can probably duplicate these as much as need without further help. Also, if there's a simple and easy tool to recolor these texture files without blowing up the alpha channels in most paintshop programs please briefly describe it. Thanks very much in advance!

Markhaos

Reaction score
I had figured out what was wrong with the original YellowAuraTarget file. The actual model is fine... but it's stand animation displays nothing. see when you import it, it should work perfectly in a sense. The reason why it doesn't display in game is because your target aura for eg. devotion aura is set to play your models stand animation seeing as the stand animation displays nothing you will see nothing. give me about a day and i'll create a stand animation for the file, as well as creating different colour variations. If you need any specific colours just tell me.

Doug

Reaction score
Well here's the original set of colored 'target auras' the guy from hiveworkshop sent me. Some of them do work apparently but most don't. If you can fix them all I think you'll have completed a valuable resource that just about everybody can make use of. If that's too much it's understandable and i know the pink, dark blue, and purple work. A yellow, red, green, and orange would be enough to satisfy me. :)

Attachments

• 16AuraTargets.zip
    16 KB · Views: 199
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.