This works?

mapguy

Reaction score
In my map, to recycle units and prevent memory leak (event leak). I have a trigger like this:

Trigger:
  • - Events:
    • a unit enters playable map are
    • - Conditions:
    • triggering unit is an ancient equal to false
    • - Actions:
    • add event to damage detection (triggering unit) takes damage

in my map all locust are ancient.

to prevent a leak I did something like this:

when a unit in my map takes damage.
if (current HP) < (damage taken)
and (unit is not a hero)
then I make that damaged unit invulnerable, I hide it, and I add it to a unit group called DEAD_UNITS.
then I turn off the trigger that add units to event
I create a unit of the same type of the unit that was supposed to at and I kill this unit.
then I turn on again the trigger that add event to trigger

in future, instead of creating new units I unhide and make vulnerable a unit from DEAD_UNITS and then I move it to the place I want it to go.

I have just a few questions about my way to do it (my way is shit, I admit, But want to use it).:

1st: is it going to work?
2nd: can I prevent my leaks with 100% chance using it?
3nd: hidden units have colision?

This way allows me to detect buffs on "dead" (they are just hidden) units, and I think this is awesome.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
1) It should if coded correctly. However certain buffs that cannot affect Invulnerable units will be removed if you make the unit invulnerable.

2) If you are talking about Unit Leaks, I thought even dead units do not create leaks because they are removed from the game after they decay. However, with that system, "dead" units will not "die" and just get hidden, thus they will never decay.

3) I am not sure, but I am sure they won't if they have the Locust ability. However IIRC units with Locust cannot be picked with the "Unit Group - For each unit in the area". I usually pick them with "Units owned by player of type" (+other conditions)

mapguy

Reaction score
1) It should if coded correctly. However certain buffs that cannot affect Invulnerable units will be removed if you make the unit invulnerable.
I check for buffs before I make the unit invul

2) If you are talking about Unit Leaks, I thought even dead units do not create leaks because they are removed from the game after they decay. However, with that system, "dead" units will not "die" and just get hidden, thus they will never decay.
they dont die cause Im recycling them

3) I am not sure, but I am sure they won't if they have the Locust ability. However IIRC units with Locust cannot be picked with the "Unit Group - For each unit in the area". I usually pick them with "Units owned by player of type" (+other conditions)
I know, all locust in my map are REMOVED from game when they die.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
1). whether it works or not is up to you, i suppose you dont have a set amount of units of a certain type, that means you will have to morph the units to the unit-type you are looking for which will not just need alot of chaos abilities but also malfunction with hero units.

2). at least the unlimited creation of events will most likely stop

3). as far as i remember they have but you can add ghost to them or use the GUI action "Unit - Toggle Collision off for unit"

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.