Throw me some abilites

Red Beard

Part-Time helper.... Full Time Lurker
Reaction score
WEll hi there......

just a request...... but with a difference

some ability ideas lead to highly powerful UBER abilities. (time stop, Running death etc)

My particular map, is incredibly LOW POWERED, (ie survival map).

so, this could be the challenge.... we can all think up cool big spells...... but how about some little ones...

For those who have played it. Legacies: Tides of the Serpent is a good reference of how simple and low powered the abilites should be......

In trying to keep it realistic with mana being your 'stamina' these abilites cant cost too much and *blah blah blah*

im drifting...... Here i start you off

Ambush

Over a period of (10 secs) time the <caster> can camoflague himself in the surroundings.

Any enemy attacked by an ambusher takes an extra 20 points of dmg*

(* subject to pre release beta balancing)

u getting the drift?

1stlancer

Sprint - Improves your run speed for a short time, could be a toggle or a one-shot buff, your choice.

B

blood_wave55

Camoflage

Camoflage! Change a ability like metamorphisism and change the art-model to a tree! And give it a 5-10 second duration. So it would look like your a tree so you can hide!
Hope it helps :D Good bye

T

ThE-eNiGmA

I dont think you can replace the art model...but you can replace your unit with a unit that has the same stats, but has a tree model...you can transfer percentage of health and mana if you want to keep it realistic.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Slap

For a girl or loser hero o_O

Hero slaps with such strangeness and force that the enemy takes 5 damage and is stunned for 1 second.

Leap of Faith

Hero dashes through the air and...wait, why am I back on the ground? Hero takes a bunny-hop forward via cluster rocket graphic with him as the missile. Being a bunny hop, he only moves about 50 units or so. Good for jumping down and up three feet high cliffs (1-unit high) without zipping through the place too fast.

Speed Up Metabolism

Good for a survival map. Hero gathers his/her stamina and magically consumes some of his hp/hunger/whatever (you have to have a bar like that if it's survival :)) to recharge some stamina for a quick boost. The downside is that 10 seconds later your hunger/hp starts degenerating at a slightly faster rate for about 20 seconds as your hero readjusts him/herself.

Slow Down Metabolism

Same except Hero spends stamina to gain a small hunger boost via slowing down the way food is processed in the stomache to stay full faster. The downside is that the stamina suddenly degenerates at a slightly faster rate for about 20 seconds as your hero, well, you know that by now.

Scrape

Hero scrapes at the ground, tossing up edible worms ( :eek: ) and little rocks.

Red Beard

Reaction score
nice one Rinpun...... I like the metabolism ones........ sorta got one of that where he can increase life regeneration rate at the cost of hunger and body heat (increases)

Anymore for anymore???

Surferkid993

God surferkid993 = new God(awesome.me);
Reaction score
Burn and Eat

You could have a spell that burns a unit over like 5sec. and after its done theres meat on the floor and then you can have another spell that eats it or something giving you less hunger.

I have two ideas for Item abilities too:
You can have it so when you have water and some mineral you can make a potion to give you a slower decrease in stamina or hunger.

U

Unregied.

hmmmm IDEA

First do you have water in your map?
If you do how about a ablity that makes a unit aqutic or wahtever so they can swim. You might have to use triggers and a blank ablity i am new.
Also if that works mabey you could make like a 10 second submerge abilty hwne on water. :)

Red Beard

Reaction score
yeah..... going to make this survival a loosley based series............
as in each different map will be in a new location with a different story (very basic story)
so the water one........... well lets just say i got plans for water use and swimming for later scenario..

i have found its actually harder to come up with low level abilities than it is cool powerful ones...........

trying to come up with a decent tracking skill (or something similar that can detect enemy or creep mvment........... enemy seems too much. but creep is good) something that can highlight on the minimap that they close... etc so it wont give their position away, but the 'hunter' knows that something is around..........

basically got classes......... *note this is GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION*

baser ( pretty much the guy who can stay in camp and organise, build and take care of it........... but he can still venture out and take care of himself in combat)

Fighter (nuff said... combat orientated whether vs creeps or enemy players)

Support ( basically the guy who's presence really determines the outcome of fights both during and after)

hope that helps........... so really some abilites are survival based, others are combat based.

hmmmmmmm its tricky huh? tell me about it

oh

*bump*

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Well for one thing you should have a set up time for tents (maybe not their hp going up after you use the tent item or whatever, but rather something with your unit standing still with floating text above him saying "Preparing ___")

Your "Baser" could be faster at doing so than support or Fighter.

And for your fighter, he should have the following abilities:

Spiked Fishing -- While wandering through water there is an x% chance that the fighter will catch some fish on his spiked boots.

Skin -- Skins the corpse of the animal (which will just look like a dead animal with no decay whatsoever) to create 1-2 skins of that animal's fur. Animal now looks like a skeleton with no decay.

Butcher -- Butchers the corpse of the animal to create 1-2 pieces of meat of that animal's meat. Animal's corpse disappears. NOTE: If possible, do the following: If the animal is butchered, its corpse disappears right away, for the skin is unusable after carving the meat. But if the animal is skinned before it is butchered, its corpse will die as usual and the hunter can correctly get both skin and meat from a dead animal.

But, now that I think about it, Skin and Butcher might work for a Supporter, but I suppose part of the Fighter is the hunt, though the Supporter could deal with the preparation of meat and skin that the Baser can turn into fine meals and clothing.

And I have different ideas for Body Heat

1) Body Heat does NOT diminish or increase over time! It will rise and fall with the surroundings (daytime, nighttime, campfire, cold water). Not exactly of course, but somewhat even.

2) Body Heat plays a role in your character. If your character is too cold, his movement speed and attack speed will slow. If your character is too hot, he will slowly take damage and hunger will ensue.

3) By being "too cold" and "too hot" I don't mean this will occur with the jungle. Ever. Rather, I mean to explain that it is possible to have a fever or a strike of frostbite. Fever is the most often and will occur randomly due to being stung by a vicious bug/insect as you walk around in the Jungle/forest/whatever. It can be healed automatically by sleeping. Frostbite has a chance of producing more nasty effects but occurs a lot more rare. Perhaps it randomly appears at nights below 30 degrees or someat. Or, if you want, you can somehow have a Seasons system where suddenly every summer/spring tree (they look the same both seasons) suddenly looks fall for the Fall and then dead for the winter as random regions spring up that spray snow over the winter's area. Basically, with this system, you only get frostbite in winter and mainly when you trudge in water. When you do get it, it then depends on how you get back to base. Supporters will have methods of temporarily heating you (the fighter) or themself for the trip back. Anyway, if you get back to base quickly, you'll only suffer a small amount of hp damage in the morning and your movement and attack speed will diminish upon sleeping. If you take a while, however, you'll find you'll have to amputate that place or fix it in some crude way, reducing your MAX hp an extent. And if you take forever to get back, your hp will suddenly rapidly start dropping until your death, and then only a shaman/supporter/ or nothing can revive you to bring you back to the fray.

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
AHAHAHAHA YES MORE ABILITIES FOR ME TO SUGGEST AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

:p?

Ok, maybe you could divide the support guy into medic/healer/cannibal voodoo docter and survivavlest, good at staying alive in wilderness as in stamina and hunger and food, not good at fighting.

Climb Tree: climbs a tree, giving you enhanced visibilty and invisiblity unless enemies walk right up to the tree or attack it (some creeps might be able to, others not ==== crocodile cant scale tree, but a leapord might)

Play Dead: your guy goes through his death animation and stays an unselectable and unattackable by creeps for 10 seconds (unless your doing a desert map, in which case the buzzards may get him :D)

Stalker: only works when you are in foliage of some kind or whatnot; your guy gets invisibilty UNLESS the enemy walks right up close. When this happens, you leap out of cover and attack, with a chance to deal really high damage or scare creeps off in fear.

Watcher:you start shadowing a unit, and as long as you are behind that unit (something to do with units orientation) then they cant see you lol.

Binoculars: you use your emergency binoculars to scan for threats; a flying dummy unit you cant see is created and then moves slowly between you and the target point and back to you, simulating the effect of looking close up and then farther away, while revealing all the terrain to you.

Mosquito Repellant: keeps away those darned mosquitos :), but attracts all SORTS of ABSOLUTELY LOVELY things to replace them; bears and wolves and deranged marmasots are not uncommon

Shout Of Terror: turn around and
SCREAM
at your enemy, giving a random chance to make him back away in fright or run at you with fury.

Drink Of Life: if you are under a waterfall or river and use this ability, you will take a gulp of water and your thirst / hunger / desire to crush all humanity will take a bonus; if you use it on land, nothing happens, and if you use it in an obviously unsanitary place (ex. a swamp) then theres a big chance youll get sick

Sweet Dreams: come up to a sleeping CREEP only, and if you have a knife you slit its throat, killing it instantly, but if no SHARP weapon stronger than a knife things get more complicated; you attempt to strange the unit, and random chance for you to get thrown off and stunned and pretty much doomed for 7 seconds, during which the creep in question is thrashing about, damaging it and you and rousing every creature near it. If you survive for 7 seconds, the creep succumbs, but its hide may possible be ruined. Only useful in EXTREME situations

Agiatation: if the camera is third person, not helicopter, then this will pan the camera to the sides as you warily check for trouble

Pounce: sneak up from behind on a unit, prefarably asleep, then pounce on it, stunning it, and pretty much same as sweet dreams from there on, only it can be used ONLY in daytime, as you cant see well at night

Hope you like these!

Red Beard

Reaction score
I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rinpun.....

u read my mind or somet?

yeah heat and cold......... dependant on time of day

skins etc........... kill an animal leaves a corpse..... up to you how u get ur meat...... u can skin it............. or just throw it on the fire (skinning more resource friendly, but nothing wins tribal admiration more than a bear corpse slugged on the fire for a roast.................

trying to work out a way so u lose 'energy' by walking running etc and none if standing still..........

its vastly becoming seriously LIAT (LIfe in a Tribe) a very deadly LOAP..... im gonna implement farming and stuff

so it IS a fulltime job maintaining a base

i like the 'building' idea.........

Shadowy Fear
I KNEW you would come to me eventually

i got a 'mating call' ability attracts a few crreps kinda like monster lure they a bit RANDY THO and get a little pissed when its the hunter and not the gorgeous female they wanting to love

Also wanting to implement some sort of ecology into the map ie) need 2 creeps nearby for babies etc so if u kill all the big ones u dont got no babies................

and once i get these darn caves fixed.......... WHAHAHAH

its STILL EARLY DAYS omg cant believe how long its taking..........

but the hardest part i find is coming up with the ideas

D

DaFishy

Ice pillars
Freeze and damages anything in a row

Illusion Blink
When you blink , a illusion is left behind ( no graphic when blink) .. for 5seconds or it is killed ...

Rapid Fire
On for 10 seconds and fire 200% attack speed rate

Ghost mine
Summons a invisible slow moving mine that uses kaboom

Circle Of Death
Fire a invisible missile .. when it reaches the opponent .. impales with a radius of 400 will be thrown in the air multiple times

Gay Army
The hero will be converated into 10 gays for 30seconds

Illusion Walk
Everytime you walk .. illusions of yourself will appear while you walk .. last for 5second each illusion

Missile Convertte
Units in the area of 500 radius of the hero will be shot by a missle/0.5sec

Double Damage
Minus a targets defence really low that the enemy receive 200% damage .. once hit the target would reiceive its normal armor

Ants
Summon 10 0.10scale units and moves at very fast speed

Fishing Net
Like the dragons hawk net .. but put a trigger that instantly brings the unit to you

Chain Death
Skulls will chain on units and units affected will have "doom"

Death Level 5 = Hero level is diviable by 5 => Deals a large amount of damage
Death Level 4 = Hero level is dividable by 4 => Deals a large amount of damage

Tsunami
A LARGE tidal wave that fills the screen .. ( attacks in random direction)

Red Beard

Reaction score
errrrrrr did u read my thread....... kinda wanted survival low powered abilites........

but... those r nice ideas............................... sound a lot like dota style.. im not gonna do a dota style because of well.............. DOTA nuff said........ kinda like competing against microsoft......

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Nice abilities, but wouldnt they go in the category of magician / magic weaver / cannibal voodoo witch docter? :p :p

Red Beard said:
I KNEW you would come to me eventually
EVENTAULLY! :p Lol I came as soon as I saw this thread :D!

Hmm, I was thinking of doing a survival map as well, only in Africa, as EVERYONE either does it in a jungle island hopper (you know, my old clan made the first jungle map im pretty sure :D ... Clan SmmC or Clan Survival MapMaking Clan ... :p and then jungle trolls took it farther along) or a snowy forest where there is bigfoot but no yeti :( I can NEVER find him I mean COME ON ...

:p And the same goes for the Lachness Monster ...

If you are able to go into swimming mode (and I think you should) then, if you stay over deep water for x seconds, youll start to drown. Your character will move a lot slower, and lose a lot of hp and energy drowning. If he dies, you can still attempt to ressicate him via CPR; 50% chance of working. What environment will you use also? Gets boring seeing snowy forests and island hoppers ... although I could live with a deep in the jungle amazon thing :D

[QUOTEDaFishy]Gay Army
The hero will be converated into 10 gays for 30seconds[/QUOTE]

What the ... :confused: ok im not even going to comment on that ..

Cres

Reaction score
ACtually just for the record it was a united states army project to create biological weapons that make the enemy gay, but it was ditched later

Heres an ability
Break Branch
breaks a branch off a tree giving you a temporary attack boost for x hits until it breaks, different +dmg and x hits for different trees(like an oak tree branch will be harder than a small sapling)
this should uses sume energy or w/e your survival thing is

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.