Time of day in area

Bonzo

Reaction score
Hi,
my friend is doing a map where two melee games can be played at the same time. That would make it much easier to find a host for many players at a time.
The most difficult part is to make the moonstone work properly.
1. Is there a way to make the moonstone affect just one area out of the whole map?
or
2. Is it possible to create two separate daytimes for different areas?

It would be some kind of semi-global issues which cant be done in GUI I think. So I ask the jassors whether there is any solution.
An idea we thought of was to separate into two playergroups and set the time for each group. For deciding who belongs to which group the current camera bounds could be helpful.
That are our thoughts so far, not very much but maybe they can help.
We also thought of kicking the moonstone out of the game, but that would change the balance and would make it useless for training.

Just to clarify:
Using the moonstone causes immediately nightfall with all changes that happen in the normal night (less sight, nightelf regen, creeps sleep etc.).
When the effect ends (lasts ~30 seconds) the time of day is set to the initial time before activating the item.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
I think this is one of those things that aren't possible. You could try triggering the whole thing, depending on where the local player's camera is. But, with Shadowmeld, Ultravision, and sleeping creeps in play, this becomes desyncy.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Sadly, I have to agree with azlier on this one, impossible with the World Editor. Best I can come up with is to wait for SC2 and see if it is possible then.

(If they even HAVE time of day that is.)

Bonzo

Reaction score
I see, nevertheless thanks for the answers and the proof that it cant be done with WE.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.