Timer Window Problem.

Arie

Cool Member
Reaction score
Hi there again.

I have a problem that's pretty awful and easy but I can't fix it.

The problem is. For example, I create 50 units and a commander for my enemy to attack my castle.

If I had killed the commander, it would go into next wave (Yes, I've killed the commander). Then, I was killed by one of his men. (I have the timer window for my hero)

Then the problem is the creep wave timer's number and hero timer's number are same. I put the hero timer to 1 hour and 1 minute for the creep wave timer. But the number is still same.
Then I waited for the creep wave timer. Suddenly, my hero went out and the creep wasn't summoned. Lawl. Any fix for this? Thanks in advance! +rep for helper:):):)

Here's my hero timer trigger:
JASS:

Hero Dies
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    Actions
        Set DeadHero[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Dying unit)
        Countdown Timer - Start HeroReviveTime[(Player number of (Triggering player))] as a One-shot timer that will expire in ((Real((Hero level of (Triggering unit)))) x 3.00) seconds
        Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for HeroReviveTime[(Player number of (Triggering player))] with title (Proper name of (Triggering unit))
        Set HeroReviverTimeWindow[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Last created timer window)
        Countdown Timer - Show HeroReviverTimeWindow[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]

JASS:
Revive Hero 1
    Events
        Time - HeroReviveTime[1] expires
    Conditions
    Actions
        Hero - Instantly revive DeadHero[1] at (Random point in Tavern <gen>), Show revival graphics
        Countdown Timer - Destroy HeroReviverTimeWindow[1]

And the creep wave timer trigger:

JASS:

Wave 2
    Events
        Unit - A unit owned by Neutral Hostile Dies
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Gnoll Commander
    Actions
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: The first wave has been eliminated!
        Set DeadUnit = (Dying unit)
        Countdown Timer - Start CreepSpawnTime as a One-shot timer that will expire in 60.00 seconds
        Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for CreepSpawnTime with title Next Wave :
        Set SpawnTimeWindow = (Last created timer window)
        Countdown Timer - Show SpawnTimeWindow

JASS:

Wave 2 expires
    Events
        Time - CreepSpawnTime expires
    Conditions
    Actions
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: Wave 2 : Trolls
        Unit - Create 35 Forest Troll for Neutral Hostile at (Random point in monster spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Troll Commander for Neutral Hostile at (Random point in monster spawn <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Make variables to seperate your timers that should fix it.

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Yea what he said. Or try rearranging the triggers... Idk dont have WE right now..
do you need the show window? I dont think you need that...

Arie

Cool Member
Reaction score
Well, more Problem. (I've done what u told me)

I've defeated the commander and let my hero died.
I set my hero's timer to be quicker than the creep wave timer. When my hero went out, the next wave suddenly went out too in same second. (the creep wave timer is still ticking).

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Interesting.... Hmm swith the 2 timer triggers and see what happens?
like move the hero stuff to the creep timer stuff and the crrep timer stuff to the hero timer suff
just dont edit the triggers just switch them

Arie

Cool Member
Reaction score
Interesting.... Hmm swith the 2 timer triggers and see what happens?
like move the hero stuff to the creep timer stuff and the crrep timer stuff to the hero timer suff
just dont edit the triggers just switch them

I don't get what u talking about. You can modify the scripts above.

Arie

Cool Member
Reaction score
Here's the map. (deleted the unnecesary file)

Attachments

• To be fixed.w3x
    121.4 KB · Views: 94

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The unnecesary file what do you mean? And I'll take a look and see if I can find whats wrong possibly as well.

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Okay woot i fixed the hero spawn! Hey I gave an example of how you should do the waves... Here is the map
WOOPS!1 HEY DONT SAVE THIS MAP YET
COPY AND PASTE YOUR FIRST STARTING jass TRIGGER AND REPOST IT ON THIS!!
I HAD TO DELETE IT BECUASE IT WONT WORK TO TEST IT IT SAYS 700 ERRORS!
does it work?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.