Tired and Hungry

IronTrout

Reaction score
As the title suggests, I'm tired and hungry. So entertain me.

What I'm looking for is a decent spell to do, I don't really care if it's MUI, SUI or any other letters you can think of, just as long as its complex and interesting. No, I don't particularly care about your map, just give me the brief outline of your hero, model used, and a detailed outline of what the spell does.

I do draw the line at pentagrams. No pentagrams or i'll -rep you good! :) (that also goes for anything anti-religious.. (while I'm personally not a religious person, I don't think testing their patience is a fun game))

Please give me something well thought out and fun. It doesn't even need to be happily in the "No lag" area. I love doing spells that reduce even the most top end computers to a flaming mound.

Also, I will downright refuse to do a boring spell. I've done them all a million times, so don't try any "Dota" look-a-likes please. :)

So shoot! - Give me something that'll stand as a monument to warcraft 3 history! :D

(Also, I do all my triggering in GUI, I don't really like jass :))

So the list of people go:

Bumbaclo: Ward of Death -- FINISHED
Netygraph: Auto-Shockwave -- FINISHED
AkDevil: Eye of the Storm -- maybe on friday, but more probably on saturday.

ykblaze

Reaction score
Can you do me a spell of hell?
this is what it does:
-a small explosion in the casters area which stuns all enemy arround it
and then a pentagram should appear arroung the casting unit and after 5 seconds the caster needs to summon a dragon which lasts only for 1 minute

IronTrout

Reaction score
I'm not even angry, I'm just impressed you managed to go against everything I said. Like even the little things. Lol, i won't +rep you for giving me a smile, but i won't eat your soul either. Happy modding my little hate friend

Happysmiley

Reaction score
Can you do me a spell of hell?
this is what it does:
-a small explosion in the casters area which stuns all enemy arround it
and then a pentagram should appear arroung the casting unit and after 5 seconds the caster needs to summon a dragon which lasts only for 1 minute

Hahahah, that made me laugh :D Has to be a joke, amirite?

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
IronTrout. Thanks, for posting this. I want a spell that creates a Pentagram around the caster. Then it causes all units in that area, every 0.05 sec, to be damaged for 5 damage. Then the Pentagram explodes and dealing 250 damage. The spell name is Death's Fire. +rep.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
@Chaos Knight
lol

@IronTrout
Viscious Charge
The bear charges begins charging forward at a speed of 522. It will stop at the first unit it hits and an effect will occur depending on the unit hit. If the bear hits an enemy, then the enemy unit will become stunned. If the charge hits an ally, then the ally unit will become stunned. If it hits a building, the bear itself will be stunned. Viscious charge can go through trees. Travels a max distance of 4000.

Level 1) 2 second stun, 100 damage
Level 2) 3 second stun, 200 damage
Level 3) 4 second stun, 300 damage
Level 4) 5 second stun, 400 damage

summary:
point/unit target spell. Bear runs forward at constant speed.

Requests:
demo map
vJASS or GUI with easy configurables

Rep will be given as a reward!

Thanks!

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
@Avaleirra
What the hell?? Do you think my idea is crazy or strange or what?? I would love that spell.

IronTrout

Reaction score
I'm regretting putting anything up that says no to pentagrams.

But on a somewhat serious note: @Avaleirra No one has done that yet? jeez, you've been asking for that for like a million billion years. Okie doke, well i got uni on in like 10 mins, but i should be home at like midday, so i'll get cracking then.

Edit: do you want the bear to knock down the trees? or just run through them?

bumbaclo

Reaction score
Hey, if you don't consider this too boring, I was wondering if you could trigger a ward im making. The ward basically kills one random unit (non-hero) within an 800 AoE of it every 20 seconds. If you could, I would prefer the ward kill the first non-hero unit that comes within range of it, and then the 20 second timer will start from there (e.g. 20 seconds after first unit steps inside, not every 20 sec of game time).

IronTrout

Reaction score
Avaleirra, your spell is making me suicidal! I'm not sure why, but it's possibly the most annoying spell to make. You cant make it animated running, so I tried other ways to make it look like something other then sliding. None of them worked to plan.. So I'm not entirely sure what to do, I can give you what I've done, or you can think of something that would make the bear sliding look less like a bear sliding. I've already tried using make fake bears appear as he's sliding at like .25 second intervals that disappear after like .5 seconds when they reach fully transparent. but the transparency effect looked badtabulous. I can make it animated, but he insists on running AROUND the group of trees. only taking out the edges of the forest. So it's your call on what you want me to do :)

@bumbaclo

so you want a checker every 20 seconds to be positive until a unit comes within range. When that checker is positive, you want all units NOT ALREADY within range to be killed when they come within range?.. That would be rather difficult to explain in a tool tip.. but if that's what you want.. :S

Black Hawk

Reaction score
@bumbaclo
You can just make the ward have a low attack with a 20 sec cool down and when a unit is attacked by it, kill it, splode it w/e.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
It's going to be really really weird if they make it walk around trees. Is it possible to order it to move forward like 40 units every X seconds and destry nearby trees?

IronTrout

Reaction score
already tried that, he either is jittery (stop start) or his animation just doesn't play right.

I've just mucked around with the timers a little, I think that that way is the best way if you want him to run through trees. I just gotta make a few more adjustments and then the spell will be ready.

FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

All done, I've made it so that its the perfect balance between animations and tree killing :)
The only thing i can think of is that he back tracks like 20 warcraft 3 meters if he didn't hit anything at the end of his jog.

So heres the link: View attachment Hero map.w3x

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
IronTrout, i dont make you "hurry" but i would like to make you make my spell for me :). as said +rep if so.

netygraph

Reaction score
Okey this might be boring and too simple, but please respond so I know if it's something you asked / didn't ask for.

An passive skill which applies to normal attacks. Has a 10% chance to shoot shockwave to random 360 degrees direction.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.