Tirgger function does not exist?

mylemonblue

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I downloaded Legions of Warcraft from this link: http://war3.incgamers.com/?p=mod&m=8920

And opened it up in the WE. While it's loading the triggers, a message pops up telling me

"Trigger Function does not exist in Database: InitCommander"

Now I did a few searches, both on site and on google, and searching for InitCommander mainly brought up C++ help sites. Searching for 'trigger , function' here did not yield anything relating to this problem either. I found something similar, but the solution provided in the thread did not help. (It was adding some txt files to a new folder titles UI)

At first I thought it might have been my version of Warcraft, which was at the time 1.22. So I installed the 1.23 patch and got the same results. It then occurred to me that getting AMAI might help. When opening the installer, there was an option for including 'The Commander'. I figure this might have something to do with it, but simply having the files in my WC3 directory didn't help.

Now, the WE doesn't shut down after getting this message, it loads just fine. I can still view everything too. Except for one single action in the Initialization trigger, which simply has the gear icon for actions, and says ERROR. Upon testing or playing the map normally, the game loads fine as well, and I get the message box asking which race I want to be. Fine. But after that, no units show up - none. After a moment the game declares that I had lost, and asks if I want to restart, quit, etc.

EDIT: Additonally, and if it matters, I am using an unmodded version of the WE, and using Windows XP SP3.

Any insight on to what might be the problem?

mylemonblue

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm downloading it now :)

EDIT: Alright I downloaded the patch and installed it. No change, it still tells me that InitCommander does not exist in the database.

mylemonblue

Reaction score
Downloaded NewGen and opened the map with the NewGen editor. Same message.
:?

mylemonblue

Reaction score
72 hour bump.

The map still won't open. I figure it is not a problem with AMAI because I can inject the new AI into other maps and they load/play just fine. I can edit them too.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Hmm i just tested the map and it worked fine. I have had problems with "Recreating the Craft" try disable it.

mylemonblue

Reaction score
1) Thanks, I'll try that :)
2) What version of WC3 are you using when opening it?

mylemonblue

Reaction score
Doh! That was the version I was using earlier, but it still gave me that message D:
Maybe my WE got corrupted, I dunno...

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
You try switching off Reinventing the craft?
THEN MAKE SURE YOU PRESS SAVE NOT SAVE AS THEN TEST MAP.

mylemonblue

Reaction score
Right. I saved the map, and JASSHelper complained about a compilation error.

1) Identifier Redeclared : "Commander"

It's some script for forcing a computer ally to tribute the player gold. I figure this script is what's making the WE complain, but I don't have the foggiest why installing AMAI on other maps doesn't cause the message to come up :?

EDIT: And yes, I did have RTC disabled before saving :)

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
If this is a campaign map, there is some weird bug or something idk they doesn't let you open the map.

mylemonblue

Reaction score
Nah it's Custom Melee. I deleted this 'corrupted trigger', that just said Error for the action, and when I re-loaded the map the message didn't pop up. I tested the game and it worked fine. I'm mystified :confused:

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
Nah it's Custom Melee. I deleted this 'corrupted trigger', that just said Error for the action, and when I re-loaded the map the message didn't pop up. I tested the game and it worked fine. I'm mystified :confused:

Maybe the creator corrupted the trigger on purpose so people couldn't edit?

mylemonblue

Reaction score
Not likely. The description on the download page said that it's now unprotected and freely available to be modified in any way, with credit given to the original creators. :?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.