Tomfoolery and the Ruse

IceWarrior98

Reaction score
Definition:
Tomfoolery - foolish or senseless behavior
Wiki:
Tomfoolery is an American cartoon comedy television series made and first broadcast in 1970, based on the works of Edward Lear.

Maybe it's something about this?

Estel3

Reaction score
Unfortunately he has us all mystified and wanting more, which is by design the objective. Otherwise this would be dead in the water be it even started.

M

MikeTheGuy

Why would it be dead? If he posted the entire thing at once I think people would still be interested, this sounds like a great story. The only difference between the way he's doing it and if he posted it all at once is the fact that if it was posted all at once, this thread would not have as many posts.

And as others have already said, nobody goes to that much work to create such nice terrain for a simple trick. Unless they're really into it. I think the tipoff will be if he sets the completion date for April 1st. :p

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
lol, it might take that long, it might not.. who knows... altho... april frist... that would be a nice date... kinda far away, giveing me time to clean up things.. .then again.. boss might get mad again.... blarg @.@

but his codeing is messy as hell, its gona take a wile to "clean" this up (i feel like his cyber janitor -_-)

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
He's probably still working on it, and he figured that it would be more fun to build suspense and drama into the storyline by telling bits of it over time.

Let him keep us on edge!

W

WhoIsJG

"Tomfoolery and the Ruse"
Prologue Part 3

There had been a fourth boy in the group of children who first rediscovered the soul of the Moon, having escaped the reaches of the Moon the boy ran away, swearing to forget what he had seen. Years and years later the pull of the Moon drew him back to the river bed. In secret the boy, now a man, re-opened the soul to set his friends free. Once released the Three Great Terrors sprang out to begin their carnage when they recognized their friend. In that moment of pause and recollection an idea formed in their collective mind. Destroying the world would not be enough suffering to quench their thirst, only by turning the world on itself and making it destroy itself could it begin to experience the kind of torture they had. They poured their hate and anger into their friend and turned him into a twisted, evil servant. They taught him how to bring others into their fold and watched as their numbers grew.

l_caca2bcad5a89f5af2fdb50892090f8d.jpg

The Three Terrors and the birth of the Scoundrels.
Completion of the Prologue

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
To me it sounds like he is making an RPG. Where you are either one of these 3 children, or one of the people of tomfoolery, trying to stop them.

Just my 2 cents worth :p

W

WhoIsJG

Well, we've reached a point where my "teasers" will no longer be the most productive way to update you guys on the progress we are making so I have to break the silence and start talking to you guys in a more traditional sense :) Although you should continue to expect information to be released in an untraditional fashion.

We are fast approaching Closed Beta testing, which will consist of myself, psiblade, and other close friends who I know will keep their mouths shut :)

Once we begin testing their will be sufficient information solidified so I will begin sharing with you guys pieces of the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I am currently looking for someone to create a custom loading screen and minimap image. I am looking for someone who takes as much pride in their artwork as I have taken in my map :) PM me if you are interested.

P.S. It has been extremely enjoyable watching this community's reaction to this thread. It has been, and will continue to be ;), a wonderful experiment.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
and get on msn so we can discuss ill be on in about 6 hours, its 7am for me atm and i have school soon

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
theres a reason for that, ive bin slacking on the codeing and all he works on its the terrain and such @.@ <he dose the main codeing, but its messy as hell -_-> im also waiting for the newest version so i can "clean it up"

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
i dont know, whoisj is haveing internet problems (i think, i dont see him on anymore...) or hes just spending time with his family (like we all shuld)

by no means is the project dead, just give him some time, he has a life too you know

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
alright, this is starting to scare me, i havent gotten word from whoisj for days, and hes always shown as offline on msn, im not shure if his internet is still wacky but right now im clueless, im not shure if this is going to finish or not at this rate, hopefully it dose

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
Aheheh. It was to me.

I'm looking forward to seeing what this is about. It's about time someone produced something original. (at least it seems original...)

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
omg

I have opera, and it reloads the last tabs that you were on. Took me for effing ever to finally close that down (rapid button mashing)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.