Tons of questions! Please help! Thanks!

Charmander

Reaction score
Hi peeps, i am new to this forum. I hope my posting is alright.

And sorry for my bad english as it's not my language.

------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, i am extremely new to World Editor and even the smallest detail must be explained to me thoroughly. (Please don't flame me for this and ask me to read the tutorial first, thanks!)

Alright, first of all, i have a few questions.

1) I edited a hero skill animation and damage. When i press the skills, i find it weird as the hero does not do any animation and the skill just get casted like that. I wish to make the hero do the "victory" animation for 1-2 seconds when casting the skill. How do i do that? Also, how do i make it so that the the skill only damages enemys after 1 second of casting the skill? (Note that, by this time, the hero is still doing the "victory" animation). For example, the resurrection skill with the angel coming down, like the ultimate for omniknight. The angel comes down slow, and i only want enemies to be damaged after the angel fully comes down and do the sword slash thingy.

2) When casting the skill, as stated in question 1, i want the earth beneath the hero to crack (Like earthshaker). How do i do it? Yes, its only the cracks, units can still walk through it.

3) For a skill, stampede. I want to make a skill similar to this, but instead, footmans is used. However, when i change the animation, the footman does not "run". How do i make them "run"?

4) How do i make creep spawn every few seconds like in Dota?

5) And in relating to question 4, lets say that there are 2 barracks, A and B.
How do i make it so that, only barracks A spawn creeps. And after barracks A is destroyed, it no longer spawns creeps and barracks B spawns creep instead. But the creeps are tougher and stronger.

6) For the combat attack for units, what does all the weird things means? Like damage per dice, number of dice, sides per die, loss factor, etc.

If i want the damage to be 50 - 55, plain and simple, how do i make it? Its confusing.

7) There is a level 6 skill, however when i test the map, the level 6 skill is always on the 3rd slot, no matter if i move the skill up or down in the world editor. How do i make the skill in the 4th slot?

8) When i hero cast a skill, how do i make 3 kinds of sounds? Firstly, skill sound which can only be heard by the player. 2nd, the skill sound which can be heard near the area. And lastly, the skill sound which can be heard by everyone on the map.

Thats all for now. Thanks!

sarkurayboy

Reaction score
1) I edited a hero skill animation and damage. When i press the skills, i find it weird as the hero does not do any animation and the skill just get casted like that. I wish to make the hero do the "victory" animation for 1-2 seconds when casting the skill. How do i do that? Also, how do i make it so that the the skill only damages enemys after 1 second of casting the skill? (Note that, by this time, the hero is still doing the "victory" animation). For example, the resurrection skill with the angel coming down, like the ultimate for omniknight. The angel comes down slow, and i only want enemies to be damaged after the angel fully comes down and do the sword slash thingy.

2) When casting the skill, as stated in question 1, i want the earth beneath the hero to crack (Like earthshaker). How do i do it? Yes, its only the cracks, units can still walk through it.

3) For a skill, stampede. I want to make a skill similar to this, but instead, footmans is used. However, when i change the animation, the footman does not "run". How do i make them "run"?

How do i make it so that, only barracks A spawn creeps. And after barracks A is destroyed, it no longer spawns creeps and barracks B spawns creep instead. But the creeps are tougher and stronger.

6) For the combat attack for units, what does all the weird things means? Like damage per dice, number of dice, sides per die, loss factor, etc.

If i want the damage to be 50 - 55, plain and simple, how do i make it? Its confusing.

7) There is a level 6 skill, however when i test the map, the level 6 skill is always on the 3rd slot, no matter if i move the skill up or down in the world editor. How do i make the skill in the 4th slot?

8) When i hero cast a skill, how do i make 3 kinds of sounds? Firstly, skill sound which can only be heard by the player. 2nd, the skill sound which can be heard near the area. And lastly, the skill sound which can be heard by everyone on the map.

1.If you must know , the animation name your looking for is Stand Victory. Your unit did not have any respose is maybe because the animation name you entered does not exist , hence the results.

2.Create a Trigger to create a special effect below your unit when you cast the skill.

3.For this , i dont know, Sry :(

4.You need triggers for this. Click Here for some basic trigger tutorial , it helps alot.

5.Triggers also need , refer to link in 4. to learn more.

6.I am not too sure either about this.

7.Go to object editor > abilities , choose your lvl6 skill . Change these
Art - Button Position - Normal (X) - "Change to 3"
Art - Button Position - Normal (Y) - "Change to 2"
Art - Button Position - Research(X) - "Change to 3"

6.Once again , you need a trigger for it =)

Stringel

Reaction score
for 6: as it sais, it's rolls a dice when your unit attacks, dealing damage based on the base damage aswell as the damage from the dices.

for example. you have 2 dices with 3 sides, they could either end up 1+1 1+2 1+3 2+1 2+2 2+3 or 3+3 thus making the attack damage more random.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Most of the things you want to do require triggers. If you don't know anything about triggering yet, read up on a couple of basic trigger tutorials (like the one linked above) and then start testing some basic ones out. Trial and Error should be your best friend at this point. :p And don't get discouraged. Mapmaking, especially when it comes to triggers, can be a long and grueling process and it takes a lot of patience.

To add to what Sarkurayboy said about the button position of your skills, all of your buttons in the UI are determined by X and Y values. To change the positions of skill buttons, you need to change the "Art - Button Position" fields in your skill.

For example, the bottom left skill position is 0,2. The next one over is 1,2. The next one is 2,2. And the last one (usually where the ultimate is) is 3,2.

Hope that helps.

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
Hi peeps, i am new to this forum. I hope my posting is alright.

And sorry for my bad english as it's not my language.

------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all, i am extremely new to World Editor and even the smallest detail must be explained to me thoroughly. (Please don't flame me for this and ask me to read the tutorial first, thanks!)

Alright, first of all, i have a few questions.

3. You have to use a trigger to make footmen move as visual not just simply editing the spell can do this. I've seen it done before using JASS i am not sure how to do the function for it though and i Don't know if it can be done in GUI, check the spell section to see if anything comes up but i doubt it.

Other questions answered fairly well, Simply read the tutorial posted and it will answer them. The triggers you need for most of your question you will be able to figure out quite easily on your own simply by reading through all the GUI stuff which shouldnt take more than 30 minutes to get a rough feel for where everything is.

For jass you will need to spend about 1-2 hours reading tutorials and from there on out you will never stop learning, unless your degree is in computer programming or something in which case it will take you mere minutes to learn.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.