[Tool] Creep Balancer

Angrypuffin

Reaction score
This map is basically a Monte Carlo simulator for "Who would win?" questions. It's mostly intended for use by people making AoS maps (like myself), to be able to create balanced but interesting creep waves.

It creates groups of units, sends them against each other, and records who wins. It does it in multiple lanes, to get data faster; and it does tests for one wave, 2 waves, and 3 waves, to counter the fact that sometimes waves last long enough that multiple waves come into play (and that, in such conditions, ranged units are more valuable).

v1.4: Removed some memory leaks.
v1.3: Finished implementing change from 1.2.
v1.2: Lanes no longer stall when summons are the last unit standing, or when a fight ends in a mutual kill.
v1.1: Now sends deserters back into battle. Timing should also be more regular.
v1.0: Initial Release.

How to use:
1) Download.
2) Open in World Editor.
3) (Optional) Import your unit data, ability data, etc., if you're using custom units. Also import any AI triggers.
4) (Optional) Edit the triggers "Define Creep Behavior" and "Define Creep Types" as you wish.
5) Test map. Or, if you want to use your computer for other stuff while it runs, play it as a LAN game.
6) (Optional) Have lunch.
7) Come back and look at multiboard.

creepbalancer.jpg

FAQ:
Q: How do I import my custom units?
A: Go to your AOS Map. Object editor-> File-> Export All Object Data. Go to the Balancer. Object editor-> File-> Import All Object Data.

Q: This has memory leaks.
A: I have much to learn in this area, so your constructive criticism is appreciated.

Q: What an ugly map!
A: If you care about the graphics of your Monte Carlo simulation, this tool is probably not for you.

Q: This will just lead to more mediocre AoS maps. Don't encourage them!
A: Maybe, if you consider all AoS maps to be mediocre. But hopefully it'll give map-makers data to make their AoS maps slightly less mediocre.

Q: The Orcs are unbalanced in this map.
A: Now's your chance to shine! More interesting and/or balanced default unit combinations are welcome.

Attachments

• (1) Creep Balancer 1.4.w3x
    38.9 KB · Views: 223

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Seems like an awesome tool. It could really help with balancing units, buildings, and etc.

I'll check it out when I get the time.

azareus

And you know it.
Reaction score
The two upper rows semm to be failing after the first round.
The 2 next fail in the second.
The 2 last fail in the fourth.
Etc.

Angrypuffin

Reaction score
The two upper rows semm to be failing after the first round.
The 2 next fail in the second.
The 2 last fail in the fourth.
Etc.

Could you be more specific? If you posted a replay, that'd especially be helpful. Obviously what you are describing doesn't happen all the time, or I'd never be able to take the screenshot in the first post. Also, what version are you using? It may be fixed in later versions.

On an unrelated note, I've still got one or more memory leaks, to the tune of about 100k/hour. I'm still trying to root them out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.