Trackable - Mouse over unit?

Cilla

is watching you! Ahh, fresh meat!
Reaction score
Can someone explain how I can make a unit trackable?

Lets say that I need track and hit events for my heros.
How can I achieve that?

(Like in the King Rpg where a floating text shows the lvl of a tracked unit)

thanks

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
You can't make a unit trackable. What you can do is create a trackable, which is stationary effect on the map that can register a mouseover and mouseclick. You'll require jass for this, or WEU.

Cilla

Reaction score
Y thanks, I know about this very limited trackable Objects crap... :S

I wonder how the King Rpg maker did this, looks like a mouse-over event for units.

If you dont believe me, plz join channel Cilla in wc3. Ill host the map because it is not for singleplayer.

Thanks for help

Btw: can you destroy a trackable?

@europe

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
>I wonder how the King Rpg maker did this, looks like a mouse-over event for units.

Well since you choose what the trackable should look like, my guess would be that they aren't units but in fact trackables.

>If you dont believe me, plz join channel Cilla in wc3. Ill host the map because it is not for singleplayer.

I believe you.

>Btw: can you destroy a trackable?

Wouldn't know, I haven't worked much with trackables. As far as I know there is no native for destroying a trackable, however there is properly a trick for it.

Cilla

Reaction score
>I wonder how the King Rpg maker did this, looks like a mouse-over event for units.

Well since you choose what the trackable should look like, my guess would be that they aren't units but in fact trackables.

>If you dont believe me, plz join channel Cilla in wc3. Ill host the map because it is not for singleplayer.

I believe you.

>Btw: can you destroy a trackable?

Wouldn't know, I haven't worked much with trackables. As far as I know there is no native for destroying a trackable, however there is properly a trick for it.

I mean moving units and heros!?! ^^
Not some trackables to choose your hero

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.