transformation trigger only partially working

Wardonis

Cool Member
Reaction score
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/vYzniGOHtY/

Its a transformation trigger. You purchase an upgrade in game and your upgraded with new armor and weapons. its suppose to have 5 levels of transformation peasent->bandit->militia->footman->knight captain

the first upgrade works, however none of the others have any effect. on top of that, for some reason after changing if you get into a fight you loose control of the character too. please help i need this to work

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
the loss of control I would sway is your movement trigger, turn off the movement part then see if it stops the loss of control.

As for the upgrades, after you replace the unit you need to reset the variable for willy.

Wardonis

Cool Member
Reaction score
TY for the response, I'm not sure how you mean to reset the variable.

as for the loss of control, after entering combat he will go and auto attack and ignore every movement or attack action given him. But i'll try it

EDIT: tried it with the movement trigger disable, still lost control

Dameon

Reaction score
kk ignore what I said before, looks like all 5 of your upgrades are firing at once, a wait before turning on the next upgrade trigger should fix it.
Will get back to you on the loss of control
Like this
Trigger:
  • Armor upgrade 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes research
    • Conditions
      • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Light Armor
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Armor up (Upgrade 1) to Willy
      • Unit - Order Willy to Night Elf Druid Of The Claw - Bear Form
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (Name of Willy)
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn on Armor upgrade 2 <gen>

Wardonis

Cool Member
Reaction score
Slaps Forehead. I was totally convinced it was because I couldn't specify each level of upgrade.

Dameon

Reaction score
When i disable the trigger it stops me from losing control, this is the trigger that is making it happen.
Trigger:
  • Movement
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.25 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (MoveDown Equal to True) then do (Unit - Order Willy to Move To ((Position of Willy) offset by (0.00, -100.00))) else do (Do nothing)
      • If (MoveLeft Equal to True) then do (Unit - Order Willy to Move To ((Position of Willy) offset by (-100.00, 0.00))) else do (Do nothing)
      • If (MoveRight Equal to True) then do (Unit - Order Willy to Move To ((Position of Willy) offset by (100.00, 0.00))) else do (Do nothing)
      • If (MoveUp Equal to True) then do (Unit - Order Willy to Move To ((Position of Willy) offset by (0.00, 100.00))) else do (Do nothing)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • MoveRight Equal to True
          • MoveUp Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order Willy to Move To ((Position of Willy) offset by (100.00, 100.00))
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • MoveLeft Equal to True
          • MoveDown Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order Willy to Move To ((Position of Willy) offset by (-100.00, -100.00))
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • MoveRight Equal to True
          • MoveDown Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order Willy to Move To ((Position of Willy) offset by (100.00, -100.00))
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • MoveLeft Equal to True
          • MoveUp Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order Willy to Move To ((Position of Willy) offset by (-100.00, 100.00))
        • Else - Actions

Next time you lose control, push each arrow key, wait a sec then release it.

Wardonis

Cool Member
Reaction score
hmmm, I disabled that one and it still happened. even tried the movement thing like you suggested and nothing happened, no regaining of control. he just ignores my commands

Dameon

Reaction score
weird, I tried but couldn't get it to lose control, here is the map, maybe you can get it to,

Attachments

• WorldEditTestMap.w3x
    53.6 KB · Views: 122

Wardonis

Cool Member
Reaction score
Ya it works on yours, did you alter the mobs to the left any? they wont attack the hero on yours. at the 3rd upgrade they are acting towards the hero as if he was invulnerable, even if he isn't

Dameon

Reaction score
nope didn't change anything but disabling the movement trigger, adding the gold+lumber, and the upgrades, it might be your 2nd upgrade, borrow hides the unit so that could be the problem.

Wardonis

Cool Member
Reaction score
that makes sense. what transformations exist? druid bear, druid crow, ethereal form, destroyer form, (does illidan have sufficiently different id from demon hunter to work),

I guess thats 5 even if it doesn't work, do you know of any issues between those?

Dameon

Reaction score
here try this out and see if you like it.

Attachments

• WorldEditTestMap.w3x
    53.7 KB · Views: 127

Wardonis

Cool Member
Reaction score
I just tested it, works perfectly, ty very much for all your help and sorry for the late reply

Dameon

Reaction score
KK try this one.

Attachments

• WorldEditTestMap.w3x
    53.6 KB · Views: 121

Wardonis

Cool Member
Reaction score
Flawless, perfectly flawless. thats exactly what I tried to achieve my first time, what did you change? I couldn't make it work off the same ability before,

I can't wait to port this all over to the campaign

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.