General Tree man 'who grew roots' hopes to marry

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The 'Tree Man of Java’ is hoping to get married after doctors performed four major operations to hack away the bark-like tissue sprouting from his hands and feet.

For 20 years Dede Koswara lived covered in warts with huge tree-like growths encasing his limbs.

Today Dede, whose plight was highlighted on the Telegraph website, can once more use his hands and walk without pain.

He can see the outline of his toes for the first time in over a decade after medics cut more than 4lbs of warty horns from his legs and feet.

Last edited:

Zakyath

Reaction score
Dudes. You think he chose to be like that?

It's pretty damn disrespectful to say someone's disgusting just because he's different. It could as well have been you.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score

It's pretty damn disrespectful to say someone's disgusting just because he's different. It could as well have been you.

We're not saying he did. Ofcourse we feel sorry for him, but that does not make the disease an any less disgusting sight.

duyen

Reaction score

I'm not applying that HE is disgusting, he might be a very nice guy. I just think he looks disgusting, sorry to be bias. Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder.

Side Note: I was born where Rod Serling was raised :p

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
"Tree Man of Java" - now thats a creative nickname :thup:

Now I want to know if animals life on his skin. :eek:

H34DhUnT3r

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score

now THAT's really close-minded like the other ones already said: "We're not saying he did. Ofcourse we feel sorry for him, but that does not make the disease an any less disgusting sight. "

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
A few months ago, I read about that man in a national newspaper.
Anyone wants me to scan the picture and upload another disgusting sight? /evil

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
i didn't find it disgusting at all myself, and (this is pretty bad coming from me) i think it's really quite disrespectful to call the disease or this man disgusting. i would -rep both of you if i didn't stick to my -rep policy of mine.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
i didn't find it disgusting at all myself, and (this is pretty bad coming from me) i think it's really quite disrespectful to call the disease or this man disgusting. i would -rep both of you if i didn't stick to my -rep policy of mine.

Dude, we're not calling the man disgusting, its his disease. You can disagree, -rep, or do whatever you want, but that disease just isent a awfully pleasant sight.

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
In all honesty, to me, he looks much better. Not disgusting, just... kinda cool really. Might be because I'm 14 though (Turned it just today :D)

He looks much better then he did before, I hope he gets better. He's taking the whole think quite calmly though, pretty impressive :D

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Happy B-day aguter =D

And it does look a bit disturbing, but of course, he didn't choose to be like that, and it doesn't really affect us. Unless you're marrying him or something >_<.

Good luck to him, and his future wife.

B

benj_war3

Dude.. Show some respect to that dude... He didn't choose to be like that.. If you were in his place, what would you do? People laughing at you, discriminating... He has hopes dude..

ShadowTek

Reaction score
Dude.. Show some respect to that dude... He didn't choose to be like that.. If you were in his place, what would you do? People laughing at you, discriminating... He has hopes dude..

In case you are referring to my previous comment, the "lmao" was directed at the fact that I posted a link to what I thought was a different article, but it was actually a link to the same one that TH originally posted.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.