Trigger for attachment to hero's hand ?

gjcraig

Reaction score
I have read the tutorials but they tell me to do this trigger but it doesn't work unless I preplace sauron and change triggering unit to sauron. What am I missing here ?

Saurons Mace
Events
Map initialization
Conditions
Actions
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the right hand of (Triggering unit) using war3mapImported\SauronsMace.mdx

Here is the link where I got the attachment and trigger from
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=81876

By the way I have sauron being sold as a unit in a shop. Which works just fine, and he is a hero.

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
I believe i'ts "hand,right" instead of "right hand".

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yepp, it is... And you can't use (Triggering unit) there, as there simply is none.

So if you can't use a preplaced unit, you'll need to add that action to where you are creating it :D

gjcraig

Reaction score
Yepp, it is... And you can't use (Triggering unit) there, as there simply is none.

So if you can't use a preplaced unit, you'll need to add that action to where you are creating it :D

Ok so what would the trigger be that I need ? Since its on a unit that people will have to buy ?

gjcraig

Reaction score

btw - right hand has worked in the past ;)

Uszi

Reaction score
Instead of triggering unit, use an action that can refer to that unit. For instance, last created unit:

Use whatever event you want. Elapse Time = 0.1 s, for instance.

Action:
Unit - Create Your Unit at X location facing Y degrees.
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the hand,right of (Last Created Unit) using war3mapImported\SauronsMace.mdx

Or... You could preplace the unit. In which case you would just select the unit instead of using Last Created unit or Triggering Unit.

gjcraig

Reaction score
Instead of triggering unit, use an action that can refer to that unit. For instance, last created unit:

Use whatever event you want. Elapse Time = 0.1 s, for instance.

Action:
Unit - Create Your Unit at X location facing Y degrees.
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the hand,right of (Last Created Unit) using war3mapImported\SauronsMace.mdx

Or... You could preplace the unit. In which case you would just select the unit instead of using Last Created unit or Triggering Unit.

This doesn't work - actually its almost an exact copy of what I already posted doesn't work - except the elapse seconds thing - which I have no Idea how thats supposed to make this trigger work.

oveRLuckEd

Reaction score
event - a unit acquires an item
condition - item-type of (picked item) equal to <item>
action - create special effect..

KillingSpree

Reaction score
So, you want to create a special effect on a unit that is created when someone buys the unit?

Events:
A unit Sells a unit
Conditions:
(Unit-type of (Sold Unit)) Equal to < your Hero >
Actions:
Create Special effect... (bla bla bla ;)) attached to the < where you want the effect to be > of (Sold Unit) using...

gjcraig

Reaction score
So, you want to create a special effect on a unit that is created when someone buys the unit?

Events:
A unit Sells a unit
Conditions:
(Unit-type of (Sold Unit)) Equal to < your Hero >
Actions:
Create Special effect... (bla bla bla ;)) attached to the < where you want the effect to be > of (Sold Unit) using...

THANK YOU SO MUCH - this worked perfectly !! PLUS REP !!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.