Trigger Revision Help

Penguin-

Reaction score
Hi there,

Attached is my map.
It is a mario football type map, in which players have to carry the mushroom into the enemy goal. Everything was working fine until I decided to replace the item based mushroom with a variable so you can have it even when you have no available slots.

I have tested it myself and I report no problems at all. However when my friends test it on line, apparently the mushroom does not appear at position of dying unit like it should. When unit picks it up, I move the mushroom to unused part of map and hide it. When "carrier" dies it is unhidden and returned to position of dying unit. My friends tell me that this happens after one of them has been "banished" or "hexed" so I think it might have something to do with replacing units (thus nullifying the "carrier" variable).

If you could take a look at 3-4 simple triggers in the Mushroom category and maybe tell me where I am going wrong. For the life of me I can't.

Attachments

• Mario.w3m
    126.9 KB · Views: 99

oorosco

Reaction score
I doubt that the hex does that... from your code i see two things, 1st you have very innefient coding, for leaving people do just one trigger, "Player leaves game" and then loops to check who left, not check every 4 seconds. And then here's a second thing..
"Player owned by X player dies.." just do generic- "a unit dies"

As for the hex thing if there's a big problem with it then just do this... make it ensnare, when unit gets ensnared pause it for X seconds. And for banish just do this... make it a special affect on the unit, make it really be "slow" and when they're cast on trigger it to add the spell reduction spell which is inversed (shift click and type -"XX")

Penguin-

Reaction score
thanks for your quick reply.

I would love to run loops in my triggers but to my knowledge, RoC editor doesnt have loop function.

Hex works fine, its just that after they return to normal form they lose the "carrier buff". This is why I've had to use the "every 2 seconds" apply special effect instead of what i used to have which was a "create S.E on "carrier"" in the pickup trigger.

Thanks for your help

oorosco

Reaction score
I've seen for loops in roc... even if there aren't any you can just use recursion where a trigger calls itself an X amount of times

+For hex and banish there's a buff thign, take it off that might help you out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.