Trigger spell qestions

Kelv

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I've had trouble with some triggers in which they will go off several times instead of once. Like when I use the Unit uses an ability. Here is an example trigger:

Trigger:
  • Retrain
    • Events
      • Unit - Any Unit uses Retrain at Generic1 - Any stage (Ignore shared abilities)
    • Local Variables
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Make (Triggering unit) Invulnerable
      • Unit - Make (Triggering unit) Uncommandable
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to ( Move targeting (Position of Barracks_Array[(Owner of (Triggering unit))])) (Replace Existing Orders)
      • Unit - Wait until (Triggering unit) Becomes idle
      • Sound - Play Marine_What for (All players) on (Triggering unit) with Z offset 0.0 (at 100.0% volume, skip the first 0.0 seconds)
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
      • Player - Modify player (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Minerals: Add ((Minerals cost of (Unit type of (Triggering unit))) / 2)
      • Player - Modify player (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Vespene: Add ((Vespene cost of (Unit type of (Triggering unit))) / 2)
      • UI - Display "Minerals and Vespene gas have been ..." for (Allies of player 1) to Subtitle area

The only way I can prevent it from going off 7 or so times is to turn off the current trigger at the beginning and turn it on at the end. Of course that means during the whole time the spell lasts, the spell can't be cast by another unit.

Also, one more problem. When I use an ability that targets a point, how do I get the trigger to run off only when the unit is in range to cast the ability, not as soon as the location is clicked?

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
I haven't used that specific event myself, so I can't speak from experience. However, I'm guessing the trigger fired multiple times because it fires on any stage of the spell cast. Like start, finish, etc.

Try to change the 'any stage' part of the event to a more specific case and see how that affects things.

As for the in range part, I'm guessing (I guess a lot) there is a stage in the spell before the unit is within range to actually cast it. Changing the 'any stage' should hopefully make that go away as well.

Kelv

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Wow, can't believe I didn't pay more attention to the event, I'll test that now but I'm sure it will work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.