Trigger Spells - Got stuck while trying to make an ability

draist

Reaction score
Ok, so the ability I want to create is as below:

Volcanic Shield - Level V

Calls forth a shield of volcanic rocks that increases your armor by X and causes Y damage every second to nearby enemy units. Increases damage by 1 for each point of Strength you have/gain. Lasts 30 seconds.

Now, I based the ability off of Frost Armor and started poking about in the trigger editor. And then I got stuck. How the hell do I do this?

My trigger (so far) looks like:

Trigger:
  • Volcanic Shield
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Volcanic Shield (dummy)
      • (Level of Volcanic Shield (dummy) for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)) is an ally of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Cause (Last created unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 250.00 at (Position of (Triggering unit)), dealing (3.00 + (Real((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
          • Unit - Set level of Permanent Immolation (Neutral Hostile 1) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Volcanic Shield (dummy) for (Triggering unit))
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing

I know that what I have isn't right and I have no idea how to fix this...
any suggestions?

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
First of all, Damage type should be normal, (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast) leaks.
Second, When you damage circular area, it hurts the caster too, also, theres no need for the dummy unit, it simply creates lag thats unneeded, (Not alot, but its there) just do this after the condition part do this.
Trigger:
  • set Caster = Triggering unit
    • set Casterloc = Position of Caster
    • set temp_unit_group = Units within X of Casterloc
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (temp_unit_group) and do - Actions
    • Loop - Actions
    • Unit - Cause (Caster) to deal X damage to Picked Unit of damage type X and attack type X

This script needs to be in a separate trigger, one that goes on every second, this will only damage once, I can do this in vJass if you wish.

draist

Reaction score
Ah, no wonder I didn't get it functional. I'm not so good with triggers yet.

If you want to, I'm not going to stop you! :)

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Here it is, right now I have it at 20 * level of ability for casting unit + 3 times strength, however, this will need to be changed, in the Cast trigger, change it.

Make sure under preferences in your world editor [Automatically Create Unknown Variables] is set to true, and copy over the ability, then copy over the folder Volcanic Shield, edit the tooltips to your needs, and edit the buffs for frost shield to create new buffs. Here it is.

Attachments

• Volcanic Armor.w3x
    20.4 KB · Views: 140
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.