WIP Triple Soul Defense (Hero Defense)

Rushhour

Reaction score
Thanks for clicking the thread. :)
First of all let me say, this isn't finished yet, but already playable for quite some time... and it's a single player map! So feel free to save whenever you want.

Don't be scared. It isn't just "another" defense, no tower defense or any normal hero defense, something.. special.

IntroScreen:
i7haohvl.jpg
You control one -or three- hero(es), depending on the perspective. You can only use one hero at a time and switch between them by clicking on them. (or pressing F1 F2 F3 or making unit groups by pressing Control 1 -3 ,...)

Each hero has it's own strenghts and weaknesses, has triggered abilities that need to be used tactically! Right now, there isn't much description ingame so you will need to read the basic hints here:

Hints (read them, only little hints are ingame!)
Use the strength hero (F1) against machines. Knocking them over normal units will be a strong weapon.
Use the agility hero (F2) to fight most normal creeps.
Use the intelligence hero (F3) to fight casters (and later flying) enemies.

Press Escape to skip the remaining time of the level timer. Only works if already 50% of the level time passed and no Boss is in the map.
Use the commands "-music" , "-zoom X", "-texts" to set stuff.
Do not use cheats and save frequently, I would suggest around level 30 and 65!
You need each hero, so use them! Sometimes its a better idea to fight many normal creeps with the strength hero.

Enemies:
Footman: Doesn't have any ability. Can be easily defeated with the agi hero.
Tank: This is a machine which shouldn't be hit with the agi hero. Use the strength hero to knock it against other creeps or against a stone,...!
Shaman: A caster which buffs his allies with a bloodlust that increases their attack and movespeed. Can be easily killed with the int hero.
Sorceress: A weak caster that slows your move and attack speed. Rather kill it fast and with the int hero or you will have problems!
Marksman: This unit shoots from a safe distance with his rifle. Some shoots hit badly and stun you for a small amount of time.
Mortarteam: This machine shoots a slow missle which deals huge damage when hitting the hero directly. It can't attack when you are close to it, so it will try to run away!
Knight: This unit resurrects a fallen ally, but then shows that it rather prefers fighting in melee then casting spells.
Muradin: An old and forgotten paladin. The only ability that he couldn't forget was his "divine shield" which is cast on all nearby allies!
Archer: Fast and close to magic immune. Shoots a slowing arrow that poisons the hero. Kill it quick or it will make it easier for others to kill you!

Mojoboss: Continously casts hex (doesn't need mana), one hero will always be hexed so switch at the right time and smart! When it has enough mana it will cast a serpent ward that attacks you and a healingwave that heals allies. The ultimate is the voodoo skill. When cast the hero and all allies in a great distance will be invulnerable. Search the mojo that the hero lost and which flew to a random spot in the middle-circle and kill it!

Murloc: A murloc is a weak normal creep, but you will rarely see one alone. If one dies all other murlocs around will get in a frenzy , more and more...
Frogbots: This machine looks like a frog. It controls the agi and int hero and lets it walk around strangly, stunning it occasionally and you will a lot of skill to control your hero. Switch to the strength hero to be immune to mind control (there isn't much in his head to control, you know :p )
Hydras: Good old Hydras. On death they split up in three smaller hydras which suffer more damage from magic attacks, but they are no casters and therefore you won't be able to steal mana!
Nagawitch: A caster that corrupts the ground for several seconds and makes you unable to switch between the heroes. Be careful, you will still select the other heroes, but it won't switch!
Seagiant: A normal but strong creep that has a heavy attack which knocks you back. A little revenge for all the creeps that were knocked around. Try not to have a wall in your back.
Turtle: Has a heavy armor which reflects melee damage. Try not to just knock it down but better shoot it from a safer distance.
Revenant: A caster which throws a magical dagger that damages directly and over time. Purge it down!

Boss: A tricky and nasty boss. First, it will image all incoming units to look like murlocs. And then.. it will engage. Be careful when you hear the sound and see the mark: It will use one of his two deadly abilities. If casting a great ball RUN away from it. Each hero is immune to one color (displayed ingame), but the color changes and the ball gets faster and faster. If it hits you when not having the right hero to the corresponding color, you will get damage, else the boss will take damage. The damage increases the longer you run away. The second ability will make a circle of balls spawn around the hero which rotate around him. Try not to be slowed by the blizzards and not to be hit by the balls! The boss itself is nearly immune to normal hits, it only takes damage when surviving his abilities, the better, the more damage. Kill the elementals it spawns!

These are the basics, there are various ways where you need to rethink and switch quickly and clever between your heroes. Read the tooltips for more explanations of the abilities.

Requests:
I would ask you to report any BUG, MISTAKE in grammer or in something else, ideas, balance problems,...

ToDo:

-include difficulty system
-balance the first to sides out and then include more levels
-include documentation ingame and extend the little story line

Right now, there are 70 levels and two extremly individual bosses! I beat all 70 levels and think it is doable if you understand the basics. But feel free to complain.
Any questions? Feel free to ask! Any problems? Feel free to ask! Are you lonly? Feel free to.. !

Misc:
Oh and yeah: All names are more or less placeholders, since I am no native English speaker and didn't care of creative names (or terrain :D ) . Remember to save the game (level 35 and 70 are bosses)! The map is not protected, but I still ask you not to rudly steal stuff or even resources that are not mine. Coding is done in (v)JASS

Credits:
HeroGlow: By "assasin_lord" @hive
Autofighting Sword: By 'Devine' @hive
TimerUtils-, IsWalkable-,BoundSentinel-System: By Vexorian
Damage-,Event-, Indexing-Systems: By Jesus4Lyf
Explosive-,Earth-,Ice-Tornado: By JetFangInferno @hive
IceNova: By DonDustin @hive
Tenro Remix3 (Sword): By Uzumaki.Minato @hive

Music (choosable via “-music”):
Selcuk Bor (MaestroRage) : Triumphant march
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/232562 : Heroic Confrontation
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/141080/

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Freaking awesome. I really enjoyed it.

I couldn't get rid of the boss, though, since I didn't know how to stop his invulnerable skill early on.

I found that rapidly cycling through the heroes (pressing F1-F3 like mad) bugs the enemy's attack, causing them to not attack me.

It was really fun using the Agi hero, moving close, and using the Str hero to knockback those pesky machines :)

Rushhour

Reaction score
Wow thats awesome to hear you like it :)

Yeah as I said, I miss some documentation of creeps and bosses. :D Well the first one has basically the skills the normal hero also has. BUT: as you noticed he will continously morph one of your heroes, so you need to time and switch to the one you don't need at the moment.
He uses mana to set the serpents and cast healing wave (-> some purging to avoid that)
When he casts his voodo, some "mojo" ball is flying to a random place within the middle-white area around the crystal.
Kill it and the overall invulnerability will be cancelled.

;)

And yeah, I also noticed that rapid changing "bug". But there isn't much I can do for it. I could increase the time span you aren't allowed to switch, but that could limit the enjoyment of rapid switching :D. When I checked if I could abuse the 'bug' , I noticed that they can't attack me, but I also can't attack them. So the only thing that happens is that I lose time and the next wave comes while I still fight the current one --> problems arrising, nothing gained.

BTW: Pressing ESCAPE skips the remaining time (when the timer already passed 50% of its time and no Boss is in the level).

One more thing: Any name suggestions for the bosses, heroes and units or even the map? I am not good at thinking out names in a foreign language that wouldn't sound too stupid to native people :p

Rushhour

Reaction score
Update & Bump

Added more descriptions (though I would like to know where you would like to see more)
Quests now show credits, commands, the improvements of the 'might levels' and the current job to be done in the story line.
Changed the skin of the int hero and improved several skills.
Added a difficulty system. I am not completly sure how great they really differ and if easy is really easier for you; so please test it :)

Please: I need comments, encouraging, critical, improving,... just comments!

:)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.