Tristram - Act 1 (Pre Roleplay Idea)..

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
I have been thinking of this Idea to Roleplay to on another Forum, and I wanted to go by acts, were the character saves but after finishes an act can join another or not. And I'd go Act I, II, III, IV.. the Medium.. or I'd think of something. And I wanted to start out with the beginning setting being in Tristram and everyone joining inside the Inn and stuff. So I wanted to write a short story, and I'm no writer so can someone fix/edit/finalize this to make it at the top of grammar and punctuation etc. Or just tell me what to fix. Idea work too, etc.

"The winds screamed through the wooden cracks in the Tavern Door. As old as it was, it was surprising it stood its ground at harsh times like these. Every man to himself, not one word echoed in the great room. Tables, chairs, mugs, and dimly lit candles. Empty and silent, the villagers sat, staring into either the flames, or into the sadness that Tristram was in. Only the tavern keeper, the largest of the men, was not instilled by fear, he was reading from one of the old scribed books Decard Cane left behind.

Tristram has lasted many raids, many wars actually, it was surprising that that the whole town hasn't vanished yet. People think of Tristram as a legend, the place were Diablo was first summoned to this broken world, and people think of it being mighty, strong, proud. It is none of those. The people of the town just seek a peaceful, slow, interesting life. They walk around, talk, scribe, and work, that's it. There hasn't been the sightings of one child here since Diablo, nor of one parade, one festival, one gathering of peoples, there's just hate, ignorance, pain, slavery... Pipen is the Alchemist and healer in the town, he brews herbs, and other nasty liquids, but they are all for the best, and everyone knows that. He lives in the center of town, and has a mild residence. Griswold, long forgotten, used to own the Armory, before a certain attack came. Leaders of the Monastery surrounded the village and corrupted him, that was the most foul and dark fate you can have, surprisingly the survivors felt no pity for him, he over priced his wares and tried to live a rather 'elegant' life. His house is burned down now, only ashes stand, and everything else was pillaged.

Some people say that the Cathedral, on one side of the town should be put to its final days, other say doing that would only anger the spirits, and bring more terror to this world. If it isn't obvious that putting the Cathedral down is almost impossible, it was built by the Lords of Sanctuary themselves, by the gods, and rulers of the clans and classes. Made from infinite irons and ores, built with countless forests devoured for lumber, and forged with magics not to our understanding today.. Can the thirty, if so less people of a single town bring such a legend to its end..? No, and no one is going to try, not only if it collapses will it destroy the village, but it would also endanger the acropolis, were many graves of epic heroes lay. That is the most darkened and foul place at night, were they say demons crawl in the crypts, and shadows echo through the graves. Though it is holy to visit the grave in the morning, for no darkness will haunt you, not in the sunlight.

The Cathedral itself is of great size, it is larger then twice the town in area, taller then everything in its site, with towers and stairs climbing to the skies and beyond, and deeper then hell, were the underground crypts and halls of Kings and priests lay. Going down flights of stairs, thousands of ladders, it is amazing that the place hasn't crumbled yet, it is really a work of art. You'd think, well here is a place, with treasures beyond belief, darkness to slay, heroes to avenge, why haven't the people done the proper things to cleanse such a place..? That is is because of fear, a single warrior of the dark legions is able to withstand blows that any man would die from, easily. They are undead, they don't feel pain, they don't understand it, but they do know that their bones and magics are keeping them together. The townspeople say that it is better to leave that place tainted yet untouched, so they sealed it off, practically banished it. No one allowed to enter, no one allowed to leave. It is of the Town's understandings that the place is still creeping with the dead, for the windows glow red at night, crows fly endlessly around the Cathedral Spires, and voices of moaning and screaming are heard even through the roaring sounds of thunder and rain... Were the men sit today, inside of the Inn. Everyone silent and scared, every man for themselves, just drinking, or sitting there, staring at the flames.. "​

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.