Trouble at and with channeling spells (not Channel)

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hello.

This is denmax, and I am an idiot.

-Thank you

Well. My problem is that I am having problem with channeling spells. If you want me to make a DotA reference (most people would want me to anyway), channeling spells like Crystal Maiden's Ultimate skill (I forgot what name it had, or has) or Keeper of the Light's Illuminate (first skill).

I don't really care about the format of those skills, but I want to know the basic format or structure of channeling spells like:

• What spell should I base it with?
• How do you place a limit of how much time one channels? (and no, not the casting time field)
• Does channeling work at any spell it is based on?
• How do you start triggering it?
• How do you know when one starts to channel through a trigger (event)?
• How do you identify when on stops through trigger?
• How do you make one stop channeling it?
• Others..

Thank you (for your patronage).

-denmax

Scary Nachos

Castro flashing Gang Signs!
Reaction score
Huh... well... if your trying to make a channeling spell, base it off of rain of chaos. That is what Crystal Maiden's ulimate is based off of.

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
1) If you want a no-target, i'd use starfall. Area target, i'd use earthquake (unless you use terrain deformations, in which case it crashes) or I think you can use cluster rocket with a duration. If you want point target, use stampede and finally if you want unit target use life drain.
2) Data - Duration
3) No
4) You make a trigger with event A Unit Starts the effect of an ability. To detect when it stops channeling, use "Stops casting an ability".
5) What?
6) Like I said in 4, trigger with event "A unit Stops casting an ability"
7) Ehh it's not like I can guess whats "others".

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
The spell... channel... is a good spell to use for channeling spells... Starting it... Unit Begins Channeling an Ability // Finish Unit Stops casting an ability.. I don't know if the begins channeling is a real thing... I think it is though XD. I can't remember :p.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.