True Invisibility... its missing?

Coldrocker

Reaction score
I have been trying to work this out for the last day. You give a unit the cloaking ability and they are invisible, but you can still see them with the cloaking graphics. From my research it seems these cloaking graphics are hard coded into the engine and therefore it is currently impossible to mimic the wc3 style invisibility. Has anyone found how to make true invisibility, so that you can see your unit, but others cant?

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
I have been trying to work this out for the last day. You give a unit the cloaking ability and they are invisible, but you can still see them with the cloaking graphics. From my research it seems these cloaking graphics are hard coded into the engine and therefore it is currently impossible to mimic the wc3 style invisibility. Has anyone found how to make true invisibility, so that you can see your unit, but others cant?

Not tested: Create a behavior that, when added, will hide the unit. There is a "Hidden" flag in numerous fields in the editor. I think you can run it the same way. If not...you can probably remove the Actor from the unit that actually has the model and possible disable unit selection, disable it from being acquired by enemies and boom.

Hopefully that helps.

Coldrocker

Reaction score
Not tested: Create a behavior that, when added, will hide the unit. There is a "Hidden" flag in numerous fields in the editor. I think you can run it the same way. If not...you can probably remove the Actor from the unit that actually has the model and possible disable unit selection, disable it from being acquired by enemies and boom.

Hopefully that helps.

That would make it invisible to everyone correct? I want it to be visible to the player and invisible to enemies. Working exactly like cloak, without the cloak graphics that allow you to see it.

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Doesn't appear there is anything that could help you out there in the trigger editor. I'm sure with enough time someone will be able to figure it out. Sorry I can't come up with a better solution at this time.

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that the blurred cloaking graphics is a behavior parameter ... check all the data types that could be related to cloak, like behavior, ability, model, etc.

Coldrocker

Reaction score
the cloak ability is a parameter in behaviour under modifcation. It falls as a state flag, yet nothing to be seen about the graphics....:(

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
They've said in some Q&A that with some game constant it can be changed to be true invisibility... Try experimenting.

zifoon

Reaction score
woah wait... When did Blizzard take out "burrow" out of Starcraft? Was it last patch?

Coldrocker

Reaction score
woah wait... When did Blizzard take out "burrow" out of Starcraft? Was it last patch?

You sir are a genius, I will test this out and report back!

Yeah so easy now, you simply need to morph the unit into an exact copy of the same unit just with the flags buried and cloaked.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.