Trying to Run an Old Game on New Computer

Cognitor

Reaction score
I just popped the original Command & Conquer CD for Windows 95 into my Vista run computer. Installing was no problem. When I try to run the game, however, I'm prompted with the following error:

"The procedure entry point SMapLS_IP_EBP_12 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."

I've run the game before on Windows ME with no problem. I'm not that surprised it doesn't run on Vista but I was just wondering if there was a way around this to make it work or is it a lost cause?

Lemme know if you need any more info. Thanks for any suggestions.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Get windows XP. Not Vista. It'll probably work then. Sorry I couldn't be of greater help. Google your error, and see what comes up.

Cognitor

Reaction score
I was thinking something less drastic if anyone has any ideas. Google comes up with less specific

Rad

Reaction score
Could you share your results so if someone searches in the future they won't be as lost as you were? We've had posts about old games not working with vista before.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
I believe you can right click, go to proporties, and then set the program to run in windows (whatever) mode before launching the application.

Also, the 10th decade version sould work fine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.