Two different attacks to the same targets.

ROTS19

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I'm trying to get a rifleman to have its normal attack, but also have an attack that does more damage at a closer range. I can't find a simple way to do this in the object editor. If you have two attacks with the same targets, it's going to pick the first attack. Maybe if you could assign a minimum range to each attack it could be possible but you can only set one minimum range that affects all attacks.

So is there some way to do this?

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
I don't think so, minimum range applies to both attacks, not each one individually.

I'm not sure how you could do this... I would suggest triggering it, but I don't even know how that would work!

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
make a spell that has a missle like your rifle man the same range and with triggers activate targeting the closest enemy from your attacking target
is simple but i am busy today to show you a map... :eek:

Bloodydood

Reaction score
At first I thought the closer range would've been at melee range, (like using a knife), and if that would've been the case I would've suggested having that attack to target ground only instead of air.

However, that doesn't seem to be the case. You'll have to trigger it.

Trigger:
  • Damage Detect
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set DamageDetect_Group = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) is A structure) Not equal to True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in DamageDetect_Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Trigger - Add to Damage Boost2 <gen> the event (Unit - (Picked unit) Takes damage)

Trigger:
  • Damage Detect2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is in DamageDetect_Group) Not equal to True
      • ((Triggering unit) is A structure) Not equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to DamageDetect_Group
      • Trigger - Add to Damage Boost2 <gen> the event (Unit - (Triggering unit) Takes damage)

*Note: Above is credited to Komaqtion*

Trigger:
  • Damage Boost1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Damage source)) Equal to Rifleman
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Real = (Life of (Triggering unit))

Trigger:
  • Damage Boost2
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Damage source)) Equal to Rifleman
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Point = (Position of (Damage source))
      • Set Temp_Group = (Units within 250.00 of Temp_Point matching ((Matching unit) Equal to (Triggering unit)))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) - (Temp_Real - (Life of (Triggering unit))))
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Temp_Point)

This basically doubles your rifleman's attack if the target is within the certain range.

Now you can simply manipulate this last trigger to be completely dependent on range, (as in X range gives a bonus Y damage).

Galdiuz

Creator of Photon Command
Reaction score
Since it picks the first attack, can't you just make the short ranged attack be the first one?

ROTS19

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Tried that, but it just moves in to the range of the short attack then.

jwallstone

Reaction score
Why don't you try using one of the Orb abilties and set the Cast range on that to be a smaller value than the unit's base attack? You can use a different projectile model and add the bonus damage via the ability.

Edit: Tested it, no good.

tmow

Reaction score
Hes talking about something like Dotas enchantress ult...DO this

Set the target and the shooters position to a variable and use arithmetric to determine the damage...its late and i have school 2morrow but if you want to wait ill make it out for you

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Just give the unit the short range attack then create a Barrage ability for the long range attack.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.