Health U.S. decrees that marijuana has no accepted medical use

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The decision by the DEA comes almost nine years after medical marijuana supporters asked the government to reclassify cannabis to take into account a growing body of research that shows its effectiveness in treating certain diseases.

Marijuana has been approved by California, many other states and the nation's capital to treat a range of illnesses, but in a decision announced Friday the federal government ruled that it has no accepted medical use and should remain classified as a highly dangerous drug like heroin.

The decision comes almost nine years after medical marijuana supporters asked the government to reclassify cannabis to take into account a growing body of worldwide research that shows its effectiveness in treating certain diseases, such as glaucoma and multiple sclerosis.

Advocates for the medical use of the drug criticized the ruling but were elated that the Obama administration has finally acted, which allows them to appeal to the federal courts. The decision to deny the request was made by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration and comes less than two months after advocates asked the U.S. Court of Appeals to force the administration to respond to their petition.

Last edited:

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Actually, before any of you think this is a bad thing, read up on the NORML site.
http://norml.org/

This actually leads way for them to open up more cases with legalization, as the federal government can no longer play the "Delay game" and just delay the answer. Besides, this is EXACTLY like it was with the banning of alcohol. When the feds said that the states couldn't have alcohol, the states sent a big "F**K you!" to the feds. The 16 or 17 states with legal marijuana programs are doing the same thing right now, the feds say it's still bad, but the states are going "F**K you, this is working better for us, we're not stopping". Here in California, there hasn't been a patient or collective that has been taken to federal court. It's all threats, they're just trying to scare everyone...

eellem1

Life is made of the little things, live it well
Reaction score
federal government ruled that it has no accepted medical use and should remain classified as a highly
dangerous drug like heroin - MORONS!!

Gotta love the fed's :(
Marijuana is such a huge help when it comes to certain illnesses and has really helped many through their pain.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Marijuana is such a huge help when it comes to certain illnesses and has really helped many through their pain.

I have a bunch of GI problems going on right now that make it hard for me to hold down food when I eat. I'm 6' and I weigh 145lbs, I'm way underweight, and marijuana is one of the only ways I'm able to hold down any food right now. Doctors "don't have any idea" what the problem is, and I'm not waiting for them to figure it out in pain. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.