UK News UK: Actor Kevin Spacey cleared of all charges of sexual assault

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Oscar-winning actor Kevin Spacey has been cleared of all charges after a four-week trial in London on claims of sexual assault.

The Hollywood star, 64, had tears in his eyes as the jury at Southwark Crown Court found him not guilty of seven counts of sexual assault and two counts of other serious sexual offenses.

The allegations covered a period between 2004 and 2013, when Spacey served as artistic director at the Old Vic theater in the British capital. He pleaded not guilty to all of the charges.

Spacey thanked the jury after it cleared him following 12 hours and 26 minutes of deliberation across three days. Today also marks his 64th birthday.

In a brief statement to reporters outside the court shortly after the verdict, Spacey said he was “humbled.”

“I imagine that many of you can understand that there’s a lot for me to process after what has just happened today. But I would like to say that I’m enormously grateful to the jury for having taken the time to examine all of the evidence and all of the facts carefully, before they reached their decision. And I am humbled by the outcome today,” he said.

The actor finished his statement by thanking court staff and his legal team.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if he gets his career back if this not guilty verdict. I also wonder if he is being sued as well or if that is even a thing in the UK. I think if anyone has a chance of coming back from something this it would be Spacey.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if he gets his career back if this not guilty verdict. I also wonder if he is being sued as well or if that is even a thing in the UK. I think if anyone has a chance of coming back from something this it would be Spacey.

Some people on Reddit were saying Spacey has a couple of directors seeking contracts with him prior to the verdict just in case he's innocent. I guess we will have to see.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.