Uninstall Freenet?

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Hey there
I'm just cleaning up my computer and I found I still had Freenet on it (I downloaded it just to check it out but never really used it).
Now I'm having trouble deleting it.

I guess it's one of those programs that are set up to make it extremly hard for you to delete them. Simple select folder and press delete doesn't work. Keeps asking for autorisation over and over. There also is no uninstall file.

So I asked google and I found this:
http://uninstallfreenet.awardspace.info/

However I can't get it to work (maybe because I run vista?) and I'm not really an expert with command line commands.

I managed to locate the folder with the 'cd' command but from then on it doesn't work.

'stop.cmd' tells me I either made a spelling mistake or 'it' (don't know what it's refering to) can't be found.

If I try the 'bin\wrapper-windows....' thing it gives me 'FATAL | wrapper | unable configuration name. c:\blablapath'

I also tried 'rmdir' on any of the files but it wont grant me access.

Anybody know what to do?

edit

I figured it out.
And it's pretty retarded. There is an uninstall file but it was in a subfolder called 'bin'. How the heck am I supposed to know it's in there?

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
bin = binaries = executable files, a very common place to store program executables.

Just in case you were wondering :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.