Unit Aggro Problem

Hildagarn

Reaction score
In my RPG I have a Titan hero.

The Titan is like a big heavy tank, that has tons of hp and attack, but slow attack speed. He has a priority of 15

When the Titan and another hero, lets say my ranger, are attacking the same unit, the foes ALWAYS go STRAIGHT to the Ranger and ignore the tank.

How can I have this not happen?

fgw

Reaction score
In my RPG I have a Titan hero.

The Titan is like a big heavy tank, that has tons of hp and attack, but slow attack speed. He has a priority of 15

When the Titan and another hero, lets say my ranger, are attacking the same unit, the foes ALWAYS go STRAIGHT to the Ranger and ignore the tank.

How can I have this not happen?

This may come off as noobish, but set the priority to 1?

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
You could give him an invisible taunt ability and force him to cast it via triggers

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Try:

Event: Unit is attacked
Condition: Unit Type of (Attacking Unit) Equal to (Titan)
Actions: Order (Attacked Unit) to (Attack) (Attacking Unit)

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Taunt
Events
Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
TitanAlive Equal to 1
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Region centered at (Position of TitanUnit) with size (500.00, 500.00)) owned by Neutral Hostile) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack TitanUnit

that would be my guess of course you could change the trigger a bit... you don't need the titanalive stuff and so on ;)
Of course you would need a variable for every titan on the map but there should be a way around that either... (just can't think of that and at least this trigger should function ;) )

Of course this is just an alternative to Joccaren's because his functions too, just mine is for area taunt and his is for single unit taunt.
Hope you'll be fine with one of them

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
ah damn sry for double post don't know how that happened (may delete it and lower my post count^^)

Justice-BR

Reaction score
probably your got a problem with armor types too.

units tend to attack unnamored ranged units instead of forticated armored melee units.

try to mess a little with that to see what happens.

Hildagarn

Reaction score
Well i'm using a custom armor system....but the titan's armor is based off foritifed

What does priority even do then???

and one more thing. Does the slow attack speed have to do with it?

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
fortified is bad to get enemies to attack... you could make the armor of the other units fortified. But in my testing it also occured to me that the armor amount has an effect on "aggro".

I think you would be better off with a trigger to do that... the priority is a pain in the ass to set up

Justice-BR

Reaction score
See? toldya that's a armor problem.

It may be a custom system
but some things are hardcoded.

just revert the armor types and bang, the ne based on fortified will be the last one to be target

this overrides priority

Hildagarn

Reaction score
It think attack speed must have to do with it too, because my other tanks have Mail armor, which is based on heavy I think, and they hold fine

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.