Unit Animation for Targeted AoE spell

BlueMirage

Trust, but doubt.
Reaction score
All the spells that I've used for targeted AoE spells interrupt the casting unit's animation once they've gotten to their Cast Point, ignoring the Cast Backswing. I think this might be because I'm using spells that are normally channeled instead of normal cast, but I haven't been able to find any AoE spells that aren't. Those that I have found that aren't channeled are Inferno and Force of Nature, but both of these spells summon units.

I think it might be possible to do it with Channel, but I'm not sure on how to do it. I managed once to give Channel a visual AoE targetblah, but it would still have the problem as my other dummy abilities.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
I think this might be because I'm using spells that are normally channeled instead of normal cast, but I haven't been able to find any AoE spells that aren't. Those that I have found that aren't channeled are Inferno and Force of Nature, but both of these spells summon units.
Additionally, there is Item Dispel, Devour Magic, and Silence. I've also gotten Cluster Rockets to behave like a non-channeling spell by giving it 1 missile count, 0 damage interval, and 0 effect duration.

I think it might be possible to do it with Channel, but I'm not sure on how to do it.
By giving Channel a short follow-through time, you can have it show the backswing animation.

BlueMirage

Trust, but doubt.
Reaction score
Additionally, there is Item Dispel, Devour Magic, and Silence. I've also gotten Cluster Rockets to behave like a non-channeling spell by giving it 1 missile count, 0 damage interval, and 0 effect duration
Thanks. These seem like good choices. I'll use them. +rep
By giving Channel a short follow-through time, you can have it show the backswing animation.
I did this once, but came to the conclusion that Backswing Animation on Channel was not satisfactory. Why? The icon of the used skill will still be green on its edges after during the Backswing Animation, suggesting that it's not a channeling spell instead of an instant spell with a backswing. I think that this may have some impact on triggered events, thus I'm not using Channel at the moment.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.