SwedishChef

Reaction score
So what does these things do in the gameplay constants:
-Guard Distance
-Guard Return Distance
-Guard Return Time

-Call For Help Range
-Call For Help Range, Creeps

I have a problem with my map which is spawning units in different lanes. If the last player owned unit of one of the players lane dies the creeps in that lane seems to be trying to attack the player units in the other lane so they get stuck instead of moving to the end on the lane.

I suspect that it is Call For Help Range or Guard distance which is the problem but I want to be sure. I also want to know what all the other things I've listed above do.

SwedishChef

Reaction score
Guard Distance is the distance a neutral unit will travel before returning to its original position.

Okey so I should set these three to a high value since I don't want the units to return when walking in the lane. You see my values below also

-Guard Distance 600
-Guard Return Distance 999999.06
-Guard Return Time 10000.00

Are you sure that Guard Distance is the distance they have to walk before returning? I have a lane longer than 600 units and they still don't return. I have ordered them to attack-move to a location btw.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
This is the in built AI, there's no way to go around it really, you have to separate your lanes further apart.

Also, you can use AI - Ignore all guard orders for player , that will make it so that the units don't go back once they killed a target (only works on units, not heroes).

SwedishChef

Reaction score
Okey will try that. I will say the problem more detailed.

Problem 1.
I have 12 lanes which stand about 800 units from each other or something like that.

Creeps spawn from the top of the lane, they are then given the order attack-move to the bottom of the lane.

When a player dies and player units in the lane are 0 attack-move to the bottom.

Here sometimes creeps get stuck. They gather in a group on one specific place on the lane pressing against the sides facing the other lane which has alive players in it.

What I simply want to do is to remove so that the units don't get stuck on the side of the lane.

Problem 2. When I tried solving the first one I got another problem. Sometimes the units ignore the units in the lane, if the units walk on the side of the lane. This probably have to do something with the range of something like guard-distance but I don't know what.

The accuistion range is a constant 300 on all my creeps. The others you see above. And I set call for help range to 1.

If you don't understand I will make a picture of it. :)

"AI - Ignore all guard orders for player" any known problems with this? Or should I try it?

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Okey will try that. I will say the problem more detailed.

Problem 1.
I have 12 lanes which stand about 800 units from each other or something like that.

Creeps spawn from the top of the lane, they are then given the order attack-move to the bottom of the lane.

When a player dies and player units in the lane are 0 attack-move to the bottom.

Here sometimes creeps get stuck. They gather in a group on one specific place on the lane pressing against the sides facing the other lane which has alive players in it.

What I simply want to do is to remove so that the units don't get stuck on the side of the lane.

Problem 2. When I tried solving the first one I got another problem. Sometimes the units ignore the units in the lane, if the units walk on the side of the lane. This probably have to do something with the range of something like guard-distance but I don't know what.

The accuistion range is a constant 300 on all my creeps. The others you see above. And I set call for help range to 1.

If you don't understand I will make a picture of it. :)

"AI - Ignore all guard orders for player" any known problems with this? Or should I try it?

As far as i know, there are no problems with that, but maybe it's not what you were looking for. As far as i know this will make the AI ignore preplaced units, and if you create new units you have to state AI ignore guard orders for last created unit(s). Then they will behave as you order them to (hopefully) ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.