Unit heigth problem

thorhunter

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Is there any way to detect terrain height (I mean height caused by terrain deformations, not cliff level). My problem is, when I load current flying height value from my flying unit it appears not to take into consideration the terrain height and therefore is lower than the actual flying height on an unit. If there is no way to get real height value then is there any way to make unit flying height not affected by terrain deformations?

TheOverWhelm

Reaction score
I don't think there's a GUI function for it.
GetLocationZ gets the height, but not off of ground. You'd need to do some crazy detection things for that with periodic events to adjust it.

thorhunter

Reaction score
What exactly GetLocationZ gets? And I don't mind hearing about these 'crazy things', I don't mind using jass.

TheOverWhelm

Reaction score
It returns the Z height from like, cliff level 0. This means things can get confusing when triggering them.
Locations go up with terrain deformations, I believe.
You could do a GetLocationZ from where the unit is and modify the height accordingly.
Gets confusing to think about sometimes. Height is the distance off the ground.

Edit: Like I said, hard to think about. I don't think you could actually do that (micro the units height) unless I'm thinking wrong.

thorhunter

Reaction score
Thanks, while it doesn't compltely cover my plans, I think it's sufficent.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.