Unit max health "label"? Is this even possible?

Lord_Kakashi

The Wabbits are attacking
Reaction score
Okay so here's the deal.. I'm a lazy sod, so I'm using a function to determine the hit points of the monsters for each round in my TD.

They all have a maximum hit points of 100000 in the object editor, and when they're spawned, their current hit points are set by the function..

Now my question: Is there a way to manipulate the max unit hit points Downwards so it looks as if the round 1 monsters have 20/20 hit points instead of 20/100000 hit points?

Just a cosmetic deal really.. Not a big issue, but still.. details, details :rolleyes:

WilliamPa

Reaction score
I don't think it is possible. For TD it is easy to just set max hp to the hp you want, else you could use uprages etc... But that is kinda harder then...

PiCkstix

Reaction score
The only way that I can think of, is by reducing the damage of the towers/units so that they take very long to deal 1 of the 20 HP that the unit has... Otherwise you cannot just make it look as if it is 20, when it is 100000 or whatever.

Lord_Kakashi

The Wabbits are attacking
Reaction score
I'm grateful that you are replying to my post, but i think you've misunderstood what I'm trying to do here...

Okay here's the deal.. I have a unit.. let's say.. for round 1..
In the object editor, it has 200000 MAX health..

Now when it spawns, i use this fun thing called a function (simple math really) which sets the Relative hit points of the unit, to the correct amount for this level.. e.g. 20 for round 1..

Basically
Event: Unit enters region
Condtion: Player owner = 12
Action: Set unit health to 0.81x^2+31,9x-5

the x variable is of course my rounds.. So now at round 1, the mobs will have 26,99 hit points out of 200000 hit points.. and at round two.. they'll have 61,32.. And so forth..

Now the question was.. is it possible... to make it look as if (after the relative hit points have been set) To adjust the maximum hit points downwards so it will look as if the unit has 26,99 hit points out of 26,99 hit points, instead of 26,99 / 200000

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.