unit range

ironfist19

Reaction score
hello, is there any possibilities that you can change the unit's range via triggers?
or something else? Just change the unit's range ingame..

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
As far as I know it can only be done through an upgrade. Take for instance the upgrade "Improved Bows". As you level the skill the upgrade gets leveled as well.

ironfist19

Reaction score
How about spell-based? Do you know DotA? Dwarven Sniper's Take Aim Skill adds range.. Do you know what spell did he based Take Aim?!?!

As far as I know it can only be done through an upgrade. Take for instance the upgrade "Improved Bows". As you level the skill the upgrade gets leveled as well.

alt bringer

Reaction score
or you can jus look at the unit in object editor

combat - attack 1 - range xxx

also make sure to check combat - acquisition range xxx

attack 1 is usualy the units default enabled attack

it wouldnt make sense to give a unit say 800 range if it can only target at 500

unless your trying to modify the single player campaign, then i think you have to use triggers

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Acquisition is not important when you upgrade the range of the unit. Acquisition is something that will acquire units that comes close to it, for short it detects enemies within the acquisition range and attack them, if your range gets higher through an upgrade you greater range, but the auto attack will only work if the unit is within the acquisition range, you still can attack as far as your range can.

canons200

Reaction score
Acquisition is not important when you upgrade the range of the unit. Acquisition is something that will acquire units that comes close to it, for short it detects enemies within the acquisition range and attack them, if your range gets higher through an upgrade you greater range, but the auto attack will only work if the unit is within the acquisition range, you still can attack as far as your range can.
huh? really? weird, why last time i tested with acquisition range set to 400 and my attack range set to 600. In game, my unit (name as unit X)show attack range 400 and i put another unit (name as unit Y, 600 acquisiton range and 600 attack range, the unit show 600 attack range)

i put those 2 units at same line and see which 1 can attack more far, the result i got is unit Y hit further than unit X, can you explain this weird problem?

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
That's not true, FhelZone. The acquisition range needs to be greater than or equal to the attack range, always. Notice that the Archer has an acquisition range of 800 despite her attack range is only 500 because of the range upgrade, while the Troll Headhunter has an acquisition range that matches his attack range.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.