Units that need an upgrade to be trained.

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hi,

in my map i want to select wich units i can train at he start of the game (with a dialog).
How can i make every unit trainable only if i selected it's upgrade in the dialog?

I'm playng with data dut i can't reach any results...

PS: i looked at the science vessel to try to understand but i didnt figured out how it works... Cant undestand how a button and trin ability is added to the spaceport...

PPS: in my map its enough to have the button of the units not "selected" at the start of the game grayed out (its how it works with upgrade right?)

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Make an upgrade, and under the Use (If you want it to be greyed out) or the Show (If you want it to be hidden) tree, add a requirement node;
Type: Count Upgrade
Alias: Your Upgrade
State: Complete
(The tooltip is what is shown to the player when they hower their mouse over the greyed out icon, if not set, it will just show the name of the required item, in this case the name of the upgrade)

Now go to your train ability, find your desired unit field, and set the requirement field to your new requirement.
PPS: in my map its enough to have the button of the units not "selected" at the start of the game grayed out (its how it works with upgrade right?)
You can choose weather to hide the icons or make them greyed out if the requirement is not fullfilled - it depends on wheather the requirement node is set under the Use tree or the Show tree.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.