Units with 0 movement speed cannot cast spells?

Marsmallos

Reaction score
Problem: Units with 0 movement speed cannot cast spells!

Hey there forums!
I am making an ability called "Corrupted Lightning Totem". The hero drops a totem (kind of like healing ward, stasis trap etc.) that will cast chain lightning on a nearby unit every 3 seconds. All triggers are done and working, BUT, if I set the totem unit's movement speed to 0 in the object editor, it can't cast spells properly.
It takes about 20 seconds from pressing the chain lightning button and a desired target to the Totem actually manages to cast the spell. I tested setting the movement speed to 50 and then it could cast just fine. However, a totem being a wooden object (like a healing Ward, as I said) it is not supposed to be able to move around, it looks pretty ridicolous if the totem tries to run away when someone attacks it!

How can I solve this?

(Clarification, I want a totem unit that cannot move around but can cast chain lightning every 3 seconds without any strange delays)

Venv

Reaction score
Hey there forums!
I am making an ability called "Corrupted Lightning Totem". The hero drops a totem (kind of like healing ward, stasis trap etc.) that will cast chain lightning on a nearby unit every 3 seconds. All triggers are done and working, BUT, if I set the totem unit's movement speed to 0 in the object editor, it can't cast spells properly.
It takes about 20 seconds from pressing the chain lightning button and a desired target to the Totem actually manages to cast the spell. I tested setting the movement speed to 50 and then it could cast just fine. However, a totem being a wooden object (like a healing Ward, as I said) it is not supposed to be able to move around, it looks pretty ridicolous if the totem tries to run away when someone attacks it!

How can I solve this?

(Clarification, I want a totem unit that cannot move around but can cast chain lightning every 3 seconds without any strange delays)

make it so they can't target wards? idk sorry dude

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
try to set totem speed to 1 or try disable movement speed via triggers.Or there is 1 alternative method, set dummy around ward so he can't move.

B

bababoom

haha I think I've gone through the same trifle.
Model the totem unit after healward/static trap etc, but under Unit Classification un-click "Ward." Think that should do the trick.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
try using movement to 0.01, and or casting range to 999999. It shld work

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I can only think of one thing..

It has no turning speed, or the spell just seems to have a short range..

EDIT: Make that 2 things XD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.