Universal Stun Spell

Halofan

Reaction score
I am having trouble with a spell that is supposed to mimic an EMP device. Ideally, it should be an instant spell, similar to Thunder Clap or War Stomp, but any AoE spell should work. It should stun not only enemies and neutrals, but allies as well. I have tried War Stomp, Thunder Clap, Earthquake, Stasis Trap, and even Death and Decay with a stun buff attached. None of these have worked. The settings I had set for the EMP was Air, Ground, Friend, Enemy, Neutral, and Mechanical, also experimenting with Not Self from time to time in case the spell stunned the caster. However, none of the spells I have tried so far have worked. The spell itself works on a base level, as it worked fine against enemies and neutrals, but not against allies. Again, I would prefer to do this without triggers, if possible, because I do not use JASS, and this map is supposed to be similar to a melee map, but with modified races, so multi-instancing is an issue. +rep for any help

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I would probably use a trigger.
Just make a dummy that belongs to Neutral Hostile cast the spell. That should solve the problem.

Anything.

Reaction score
Well, I would probably use a trigger.
Just make a dummy that belongs to Neutral Hostile cast the spell. That should solve the problem.

You would want your unit to cast it as well so you can stun the Neutral Hostiles.

Halofan

Reaction score
Yeah, but if multiple teams use that spell, then what am I going to do? It could really get messy. Normally, I would use a trigger without even hesitating, but I normally make one player maps, involving just one hero, whereas this is a unit ability on a mutliplayer map. I don't know if a trigger would work that well, and as I have said, I don't know JASS. I tried it, but could never get it to work for me.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
JASS does not equal instant win and perfection.
You should be able to get by fine as long as your trigger doesn't have a wait in it.

RueK

Reaction score
Why not changing the range of Thunder clap to 9999999999999999999 ? and changing the model/effect ? unless you want it to be a bomb like techies from dota, you could use a dummy unit with 0 mov speed and use, if "dummy" enters in playable map area, make dummy cast thunder clap (range 9999999999999999)

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Just by the use of Array Unit Groups, Create a Unit Group and group all units you want to be affected by the EMP and then Create a Dummy to Stormbolt them. If thats what you want. Else you could also damage them by trigger and then use Drunken Haze to slow them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.