Unnamed trigger keeps appearing, can't run map

dianamod27

Reaction score
I don't know how this happened, but a while ago, my trigger editor displayed a trigger with no name (which the editor usually won't allow), which I couldn't delete or modify in any way.
I exited the world editor and reopened it; the trigger was gone.

I tried to test the map but it wouldn't work, and JassHelper showed me the error was that this unnamed trigger still existed in the script, so I extracted the war3map.j, removed the initialisation of the trigger and its function, and imported the file again, which allowed me to run the map again. However, everytime I save, the bad script gets rewritten and the map won't work again. The object manager's summary also says I have 149 triggers while the triggers tab only displays 148.

So I guess what I need to know is which file I have to edit to remove any instance of that trigger (which might be hard to find since it has no name), considering there must still be remnants of it to be rewritten each time I save. I have actually found a thread (here) that describes exactly the same problem, but as far as I can tell it wasn't resolved.

Imp Midna

Reaction score
wtg file stores the triggers. Documentation.
Will have hard times to read it without a proper program. Too lazy to write one on my own though, would take me 1 or 2 days. Guess you could use a hex editor to find it, the order in which it appears in your .j file may be a hint where to search for it. Else you might want to inject a program removing nameless triggers (worldedit.exe+0x1b31a1 is were i do it, war3map.j allready exists at this point and the blizzard syntax checker didnt parse it yet), or if jasshelper supports it (dont know, never used it), maybe try catching it within a /* */ commentary

dianamod27

Reaction score
Tried a few different things; actually copying over each trigger was the only thing that worked. I had tried looking in the .wtg file before and even with the link Midna posted I couldn't get it to work.
Thanks for the help.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.