Crime US confirms man plotted to kill Obama

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
US authorities confirmed that Turkish police have arrested a man who claims to have plotted to kill US President Barack Obama when he visited Turkey.

The Secret Service in Washington said Monday night that Turkish National Police arrested the man last Friday in Istanbul. Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan said the president was never in any immediate danger, as Obama arrived in Turkey on Sunday, two days after the man's arrest.

As standard procedure involving a threat against the president overseas, the Secret Service is following up with Turkish authorities regarding the case and is not releasing any information about the suspect, Donovan said.

On Monday, the Saudi daily Al Watan reportedm that Turkish security services has arrested a man of Syrian descent who was planning to assassinate Obama during his trip to Turkey.

Last edited:

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
When is it news that the president has an assassination attempt brought upon them? I mean, though I hate to say it, it's bound to happen, especially with a black president ...

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I can see a lock for this thread coming already... :p

However, it's going to happen. It always does, though with America still being as racist as it is still, Obama has a higher chance in my eyes.:thdown:

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
When is it news that the president has an assassination attempt brought upon them? I mean, though I hate to say it, it's bound to happen, especially with a black president ...

Because he's the first (official) one to try? :D

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Because he's the first (official) one to try? :D

There were others, this is just the first one that people know about. I know there were lots when he was just running.

SuperMetroid

Reaction score
All they did was retain him with no evidence other than a 'hunch that his ID card was fake', then they most likely tortured him and made him confess something which may or may not be true.. he could have said he was going to kill Obama just to make the pain stop, or maybe they put him on drugs to make him confess and he was confused and said a lie. It's the secret service, who knows what they did to the man to make him 'confess'. You can't take the story as true though, not until you question the methods.

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
I lol'd because of the grammar errors in the line that I quoted. As for the article, I haven't formed any real opinions yet, though I can easily say that I definitely don't like living in America. :p

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I am amazed if people are at all surprised about this.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.