US Police

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I agree with @Sim "Such actions would not solve anything"

How can it be so easy?

The same way it's easier to use explosives to demolish a building than it is to pull it apart with a hammer.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
The same way it's easier to use explosives to demolish a building than it is to pull it apart with a hammer.
Sure that's an easy available thing to destroy something.
But human Isn't a building. No matter what :rolleyes:

Varine

Reaction score
Sure that's an easy available thing to destroy something.
But human Isn't a building. No matter what :rolleyes:

Okay, go ahead and do whatever it is you've been doing. Clearly it can't be denied effective.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Okay, go ahead and do whatever it is you've been doing. Clearly it can't be denied effective.
Nah.. Seriously, you wouldn't be better then them if you want carry a firearm. Just saying

Varine

Reaction score
Nah.. Seriously, you wouldn't be better then them if you want carry a firearm. Just saying

I already do carry weapons. And I already am better them, as are you, even BudSmoke is... as is basically every other person in existence that's not a cop, with some exclusions. Although my goal isn't to be better than them, I have no desire to be looked up to. I have a world in which I envision, and my means would lead to an effective end. It makes no difference whether or not I would be welcomed there.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Where did you get that he carried a gun because he wanted to be better, FireCat? He never said he wanted to carry a weapon to be better. You need to read a bit more into posts perhaps... ;)

It can effectively make it significantly easier to solve things.

Easier to solve things? How do you figure that? I am for reworking the system to make it work better with trained law enforcement, but to allow people to carry personal guns for "safety"? No, thats barbaric and uncivilized. Nobody has the right to decide that they have the right to end someones life because they feel threatened. What constitutes a threat? You ran at me and I felt threatened, so I shot you. I felt threatened, so it was okay. There is no way to regulate when it's okay to end someones life in the name of "Safety" other than "when it's needed", and as you said yourself, the majority are morons. So lets hand a bunch of morons guns and say "you can kill people when you feel threatened" and expect to have things go awesome! Weee :)

Don't teach the idea that "When things go wrong, just use violence", thats just going to lead to more issues down the road.

Varine

Reaction score
Easier to solve things? How do you figure that? I am for reworking the system to make it work better with trained law enforcement, but to allow people to carry personal guns for "safety"? No, thats barbaric and uncivilized. Nobody has the right to decide that they have the right to end someones life because they feel threatened. What constitutes a threat? You ran at me and I felt threatened, so I shot you. I felt threatened, so it was okay. There is no way to regulate when it's okay to end someones life in the name of "Safety" other than "when it's needed", and as you said yourself, the majority are morons. So lets hand a bunch of morons guns and say "you can kill people when you feel threatened" and expect to have things go awesome! Weee :)

Don't teach the idea that "When things go wrong, just use violence", thats just going to lead to more issues down the road.

Even WITH a properly trained police force designed to specifically stop crime, you can't expect me to WAIT for them to come help me getting robbed by someone who's totally fucking tweaked with a gun or someone jacks my car. In some instances they won't come (say, 9/11 in New York City. I think it's safe to say that they were a little too preoccupied to care for a little bit). In some places they can't, parts of Montana have areas the size of Massachusetts with like five cops, four of which probably played Doom for weapons training, who by the way are awesome. I got pulled over once when I was drinking, and he said since I was only going like five more miles he was just going to follow me to make sure I got home safe. In hindsight that was a stupid idea because he could have very easily been fake and then robbed me (probably with a gun)....
However that's not what I was thinking of. Eventually, there will be a day when the US is invaded. Or if there is an armed revolution, or some other really fucked up thing. The police will be THE frontline. They are the only ones actively prepared to engage in combat with no preparation. I believe that's where they originally came from. In one of those events, they will not be able to come help you. If the military doesn't get there before the police fall, it technically falls to you to defend yourself from God knows what (and militias... but most of those would probably not do anything of use... they seem to be drunk a lot). And I think the now normal way to formally start a war is to kill a shitload of people in as little time as possible to show that your military is better, and fire off a bunch of missiles that don't seem to do that much damage so there are a lot of sparks and lights and bangs. And smoke afterwards, to rub it in a little. So anyway... now you're fucked.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.