visiable distant

takethat

Reaction score
there is a data in doodad, data -visiable radius that makes a doodad to be seen even at a very far distant.

i using camera lock on a unit that the angle is 340 towards the facing of that unit, this makes the camera to able to see the sky. Or, first person view.

then i made a unit "castle" scaling to max, and i want it to be seen at every place of the map (like a moon, no matter where you move to, you still can see it in the sky).

so, is there a way to let a unit instead of a doodad to be seen even at a distant like 10000 pixel away?

Black Hawk

Reaction score
Im sorry, but im not sure, but you might not be able to see the unit if it is in fog of war though, that would make it a problem.

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Why not just reveal a tiny area around it with a visibility modifier?

takethat

Reaction score
fog of war or black mask is not the issue here because there will nope of both to be exist, so it is a totally open map, now i want to be able to see as far as possible, it wont need to be very far though as the map size is 96*96

Black Hawk

Reaction score
try holding control and moving the scroll wheel so the visibility thing is as far as possible. May cause lagg. Maybe change te visibility mod of the doodads.

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Well then you dont need that....
Visibility radius just makes it visible even under fog of war

Just make your castle even bigger (You can hold shift when modifying the value to go above 10.00 scale value)

Black Hawk

Reaction score
i got a great idea, make a doodad the same size and in the same position as the castle unit and just use that, may have model glitching, mostly on team colors.

takethat

Reaction score
pressing ctrl while scrolling, i though it only remove the visibility blocker for world editor?

the furthers i can see a model, both unit and doodad is about 2k-3k range, what i want is to have the doodad to be seen at any place, but the unit remain like 2k range,
but some specific unit also can be seen at any place.

visibility modiflyer only useful in a noraml 315 angle camera, what i using is 340 angle, is like looking straight forward as you were the unit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.