Vista Download Problem - Allow/Deny

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
I hit deny by accident, now i cant reverse that and my PTR downloader will not work. It says download not authorized. Running as an admin doesnt work either.

thanks

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't really understand the problem from that description. What exactly are you doing here?

w00t22

Reaction score
Im on vista.

You know when you go to download or run something it shows something like this

WindowsVistaPermitDenyDialog.JPG

I hit deny now i cant download the file and i want to know how i can change the files options so it will be allowed to download

w00t22

Reaction score
So yea i know my way around a computer and ive spent a couple hours searching and working my way around the control panel and stuff. Im just looking how you can reverse the allow/deny. The program/file that needs to download is already in the firewalls exceptions.

It looks like this

122107_0214_CodeSigning1.png

I hit cancel by accident now the download is not authorized when the program runs (the blizzard downloader)

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I turned off User Account Control because of annoying things like that. You could try doing that.

w00t22

Reaction score
did that still not working then i read a forum and this guy had his CoD saved games missing when it was disabled and my were as well, so i re-enabled.

still looking for a fix

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
what program exactly did you deny? and i think it asks you that each time for a program (i havent found out how to permanently allow a program yet)

does it work if you go onto a different account (admin if needed) and try doing whatever?

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Oh I thought you denied it from the firewall. This was actually the elevation prompt for a program that needs admin rights.

As far as I know it doesn't keep a list of programs you've denied elevation to. It should just ask you again next time.

I see the 'download not authorized' thing is a common issue on the Blizzard forums and some people fixed it by deleting the PTR installed and downloading it again. They emphasize downloading the installer again and not using the old one from a previous version.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.