Vista RGB Out Display Flicker

Fluffball

Reaction score
I found a RGB cord that connects the computer screen to the T.V. that I am using (An LG 42" LCD), after setting up the TV to receive the information correctly (using the instructions on the manual) the screen started flickering every couple of seconds. Sometimes the flickers are so rapid that I can't do anything, because the cursor seems to go to the middle of the screen each time it flickers. It makes a sound like the cord is being unplugged then plugged back in each time it flickers. The graphics card is a Radeon HD 3470 (PnP compatible). I set it to "Multiple Monitors (drag one window to the side of the screen and it goes to the other monitor). When I made the resolution the same on both monitors it worked a bit better, but after about a minute it started flickering again. For some reason it works perfectly on my Windows XP but flickers on the Vista.

Fluffball

Reaction score
Thats what I thought, but I don't know what software is conflicting with whatever other software.

BoobiesTrap

Reaction score
From your first explanation, I believe it's a hardware conflict, rather than software. To check it out, go to your control panel > system > hardware > device manager. Windows will list up your hardware and the ones with conflict will be marked with "!".
Do this with your LG TV connected and disconnected. This way you will have comparison. Then we'll go from there...

Fluffball

Reaction score
I don't think it is a hardware conflict because wouldn't that happen immediately, not a random amount of time before it starts happening?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.