Warcraft 3 Mapping Organization

Game Type?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiDdY

Reaction score
So err.. Do you have some map you are working with now? I voted for that Survival theme, cause i allways liked that Jungle Troll tribes map, and I think that wc3 needs more maps of that type. If you are going to make AoS be very careful. Everyone is going to compare it to DotA, and unless you have some clear vision of what you are trying to create, the result wont be really good. But I guess you know that allready, since you said something similiar in that first post..

Anywas, good luck and make more polls, everybody likes to vote :D:D
( Why the fuck they dont vote for Ralph Nader for Gods sake... )

We don't have a map started, thats why we're doing all the polls, to get ideas of what maps to do. Thanks for voting however, and I want to stay clear of an AoS really for now...

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Well, seeing as that Strategy is currently winning the polls, I'll build on that since I also voted for that.

There aren't too many Strategy games out there in the WCIII world that actually... require strategy. It's either massing and having no strategy or having no massing but making it so boring, or just something else. It's like, you need the right combination of everything for a good strategy game. The closest map that I know of that is actually strategic is Europa. Give that a try.

Good luck with whatever map you guys make. :thup:

punwisp

Reaction score
I'll add you to Public Relations, and we'll take this idea futher when Forum is up.

Actually if a AI was worked on pretty hard, it would be by far easier to test maps, sense some pple cant host and stuff, and SP is always fun if the AI is good

DiDdY

Reaction score
we're not restricted to one genre at a time, u know...

Yes, we aren't, but I mean the very first project that is begun.

Well, seeing as that Strategy is currently winning the polls, I'll build on that since I also voted for that.

There aren't too many Strategy games out there in the WCIII world that actually... require strategy. It's either massing and having no strategy or having no massing but making it so boring, or just something else. It's like, you need the right combination of everything for a good strategy game. The closest map that I know of that is actually strategic is Europa. Give that a try.

Good luck with whatever map you guys make. :thup:

Europa, is a faily good strategy, although, you can still mass special units and conquer the world, even if they mass the things that are good verse you.

I reckon, if we do go on to create a strategy, we should make it so say, spearmen do 300% damage, (or something like that), to cavalry, so you can't mass cavalry and still completely disrupt the spearmen.

Actually if a AI was worked on pretty hard, it would be by far easier to test maps, sense some pple cant host and stuff, and SP is always fun if the AI is good

Very true, but sometimes it's better without the AI.

News:
Forum is nearly complete, just making it perfect then we'll post the link.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Ohhh.. so I can be a forum mod? :D

Yeah, I hate that part of Europa, too. In the end, it leads to massing. The problem with effectiveness and stuff like the 300% dmg to calvary from spearmen, is that it still ends up in massing. Make it so that the damage is realistic, like this:

Spearman
15-25 Damage, medium AS, 200% Damage to Calvary, 15% Chance to Crit for X2.
Calvary
10-30 Damage, medium AS, 200% Damage to Foot Units (besides Spearmen), 15% Chance to Crit for X2
Archer
15-40 Damage, slow AS, 20% Chance to Crit for X2.5

and make things cost a lot. Not like uber-cost, but so that you can't mass them by simply building tons of barracks. Also, another limiter is food. Perhaps you could somehow trigger it so that the food drops every minute or so, and instead of staying up, you actually farm from a building to increase the food.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score

Yeah, I hate that part of Europa, too. In the end, it leads to massing. The problem with effectiveness and stuff like the 300% dmg to calvary from spearmen, is that it still ends up in massing. Make it so that the damage is realistic, like this:

Spearman
Calvary
10-30 Damage, medium AS, 200% Damage to Foot Units (besides Spearmen), 15% Chance to Crit for X2
Archer

and make things cost a lot. Not like uber-cost, but so that you can't mass them by simply building tons of barracks. Also, another limiter is food. Perhaps you could somehow trigger it so that the food drops every minute or so, and instead of staying up, you actually farm from a building to increase the food.

I dont really understand what you said about food "dropping"

DiDdY

Reaction score

Spearman
Calvary
Archer

Yes, so if you increase food, about 5 minutes later, the increased food is gone, so you have to build more and more farms, and when there isn't enough food your units slowly die off.

I dont really understand what you said about food "dropping"

He means, so that you can't mass units and just keep massing them (I believe), after time, you will have to build more farms to keep your food up.

DiDdY

Reaction score
Hello, TheHelper.Net, again.

Today, I ask you, in our Mapping Organization Forum, what sections would YOU want. Suitable suggestions only please, and we may even consider what you say.

We need ideas of what to call Forums, and there descriptions, please set out all entries like this, or they will not be included (you don't have to have sub-sections):

• Forum Section:
  • Forum Description:
  • Sub-Sections:
  • Sub-Section Description:

Note: This forum is not meant to steal TheHelper.Net users, it is merely a forum for progress of the Warcraft 3 Mapping Organization.

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
If you want a terrianer I can help :thup: send pm or post here ;)
Tell me if you want to see some of my work.

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
Add terrainer and idea giver to my status!

EDIT:

Forum section: Current Map Project
Description: Displays informations about the maps that members of WC3 mapping organisation are doing at the moment.
Sub-forum section: 1- ''most popular map''
Sub-forum description: The most pôpular ongoing projects are posted here.

DiDdY

Reaction score
If you want a terrianer I can help :thup: send pm or post here ;)
Tell me if you want to see some of my work.

I've seen some of your work, and to my beliefs, your already on the list, if not I'll add you again.
Edit: And I've already seen some of your work through your posts.

Add terrainer and idea giver to my status!

Yes sir!
Edit: Done.

R

Ricky

Hey~Ricky

I would enjoy to write some storylines but I would have to know abit more about how it works, besides the obvious "You write the storyline to a map"

I mean; Do you tell me we need a storyline for an Aos type map that's based off of ________ (for example) then I write up a storyline following your guidelines. Or does it work in some other way?

Im not quite sure how to make what I mean clear:(

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Here are 2 maps I just made for you :) Hope you like them. I am best at Sunken Runies, Ashenvale and Barrens, but do great at others too.
And.. Add me as Idea'er (good at spells/ abilitys and hero ideas and/or units) :D

And you know what..? I think you can add me as Character creator too, but I think you will need someone to rewrite my english.

hehe: and is there anyway I can be forum modeator/admin too :p?

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
hey iPeez? you saw the map i gave to you in your requested base terrain?

Cause i would like some +rep for it (if you like it meh!)

DiDdY

Reaction score
Hey~Ricky

I would enjoy to write some storylines but I would have to know abit more about how it works, besides the obvious "You write the storyline to a map"

I mean; Do you tell me we need a storyline for an Aos type map that's based off of ________ (for example) then I write up a storyline following your guidelines. Or does it work in some other way?

Im not quite sure how to make what I mean clear:(

Well, we're not totally sure at the moment. Really, it somewhat relies on your imagination as well. Sometimes, you might just help another writer with his or her storyline, other times, you may be asked to generate a whole new storylines.

We'll tell you what map it is, yes, but we won't tell you what to base it off, that is completely up to you. Basically, you just get a chance to write about whatever you want, as long as it's somewhat related to the theme, and is also easy to follow.

We're not looking for really complicated ten chapter stories or anything, just an outline for the maps.

Here are 2 maps I just made for you :) Hope you like them. I am best at Sunken Runies, Ashenvale and Barrens, but do great at others too.
And.. Add me as Idea'er (good at spells/ abilitys and hero ideas and/or units) :D

And you know what..? I think you can add me as Character creator too, but I think you will need someone to rewrite my english.

hehe: and is there anyway I can be forum modeator/admin too :p?

You can be a Moderator, yes, I'll add you as an Idea'er and Forum Mod.

hey iPeez? you saw the map i gave to you in your requested base terrain?

Cause i would like some +rep for it (if you like it meh!)

Slightly off topic, perhaps the PM system would've been better to tell him this. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.