Warcraft 3 Mapping Organization

Game Type?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Okey thanks cya you late. Call me up here or via pm when the forum is up and when a project is getting started etc.. :)

Cilla

is watching you! Ahh, fresh meat!
Reaction score
Nice project, I hope you'll succeed. ;)

Clan EoTW - The Editors of The World
...is by far the best name. :)

€:
Oops, thanks, I'm kinda tired and since english isn't my native language I happen to do foolish mistakes if I don't concentrate on it. :(

DiDdY

Reaction score
Nice project, I hope you'll success. ;)

...is by far the best name. :)

Thanks, and it's succeed *for future references*.

Well, the name poll will be coming out soon, I think strategy has more or less won unless theres a miracle.

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Name for Warcraft 3 Map Orginization:

Well thats where my talent shine bright:

Extreme Map Orginization - EMO (lol :p)

World Editor Group - WEG

Hardcore Mapmakers Forum For Extreme Mapmakers - HMFFEM!! :thup:

or

Public Map Orginization Resource Group - PMORG

DiDdY

Reaction score
Name for Warcraft 3 Map Orginization:

Well thats where my talent shine bright:

Extreme Map Orginization - EMO (lol :p)

World Editor Group - WEG

Hardcore Mapmakers Forum For Extreme Mapmakers - HMFFEM!! :thup:

or

Public Map Orginization Resource Group - PMORG

Thanks for the ideas, and nice EMO one! :)

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Well, seeing as that Strategy is currently winning the polls, I'll build on that since I also voted for that.

There aren't too many Strategy games out there in the WCIII world that actually... require strategy. It's either massing and having no strategy or having no massing but making it so boring, or just something else. It's like, you need the right combination of everything for a good strategy game. The closest map that I know of that is actually strategic is Europa. Give that a try.

Good luck with whatever map you guys make. :thup:

That's not true....Unforgotten wars requires strategy when massing ur army :rolleyes:

DiDdY

Reaction score
That's not true....Unforgotten wars requires strategy when massing ur army :rolleyes:

I suppose, some games, you can mass, but still loose if they also mass something that does a lot of damage towards you, but still, massing isn't really strategy.

Added icon to post, all official threads, polls, etc, will now have this icon. :)

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
I guess if you gonna group things that way thats fine...

But don't tell me massing isn't a strategy...i use it in war craft alot time to time.
Doesn't always work...But can BE very effective.

DiDdY

Reaction score
I guess if you gonna group things that way thats fine...

But don't tell me massing isn't a strategy...i use it in war craft alot time to time.
Doesn't always work...But can BE very effective.

Massing, to me, isn't fifty footman by the way, I mean like hundreds of units, in games with like three hundred food limit, it really does get annoying when they just make thirty barrack's and mass one gold units, when they have three hundred food to spend.

Thats not strategy.

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
I think someone needs to clearly state what constitutes a "strategy" map. It could be argued that any map requires some level of thinking is a strategy. If we are talking about a rock/paper/scissors weakness type game (spear man/horseman/bowman) I think we should try to come up with something a little more original. That format does not really contain any creative aspects.

DiDdY

Reaction score
I think someone needs to clearly state what constitutes a "strategy" map. It could be argued that any map requires some level of thinking is a strategy. If we are talking about a rock/paper/scissors weakness type game (spear man/horseman/bowman) I think we should try to come up with something a little more original. That format does not really contain any creative aspects.

Obviously, we wouldn't be using such an original format, we need some good 'thinker out of the boxers' here, that can come up with good ideas.

Forum will be posted and released tomorrow (check thread in World Editor Help section...) and I'm going off now, so I'll see ya'll tomorrow.

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
I don't think its "obvious" when more than one person has suggested such a format. However, I agree that if we can get some good ideas, it might work.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Massing isn't strategy. And by massing, I mean like just building 10 barracks, and clicking the hotkey for a unit about 20 times, then clicking another hotkey for another unit another 20 times.

Hey, I don't know if I'm on the list for this (and I'm not looking :D), but I could terrain, too. Good luck with this.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Massing can be considered a strategy.

First off, where can you get the economy for funding these units? If you spend all your resources to earn the economy required for massing, you would be left open for a early rush from your enemy. There are risks and benfits. Another out come is what if your oponent concentrated into teching. His units obviously out-class yours. In the end you loose again. Massing is a strategy and does take skill to execute properly, as in all other strategies.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Actually, no. That's not strategy then if you need resources. That's "massing" resources. What about food? The point of a strategy game is to be strategic, not to be an easy win. Massing can win. Does win = strategy? No.

Besides, massing lags. :rolleyes:

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Melee is perfect example. If you spend your money on peasents to get quick and fast resources to do your "footmen" mass. Where is your military? It leaves you vulnerable at early game. People say rushing is not a strategy either. It is, the risk you are taking there is what if they survive the rush? Then they are already ahead of you in teching or resources. If your way of playing can win or lose, it still is a strategy. Massing can win. There are many ways to play to win. Does that mean it's not a strategy? Nope. Lag is caused because the people's hardware cannot handle it.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
It still stands. Winning doesn't equal strategy.

If it's not a strategic game, you can't survive mass. The opponent has 30 calvary - you build 30 spearmen, oh he has 30 footmen - you build 30 archers, he sends 15 catapaults - you start sending calvary, he sends 40 spearmen, you press the footmen hotkey 20 times from your 10 barracks, he clicks it 20 times from his 11 barracks. It's endless massing.

Strategy? The opponent has a mixed army of like 100. You have like 20 archers only, but you have 10 mages that can slow. You slow 10 units, your 20 archers kill those 10. You run back to a rocky position and hold out by slowing the front units and attacking. If there was mass, even the rocky spots wouldn't work. 10 minutes, 20 minutes, you're still there. Whoever has the better computer, better connection, and more buildings to build wins.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Technically any action is a strategy, whether it be cheap or smart or dumb or genius, it's still a strategy.

punwisp

Reaction score
Hello, TheHelper.Net, again.

Today, I ask you, in our Mapping Organization Forum, what sections would YOU want. Suitable suggestions only please, and we may even consider what you say.

We need ideas of what to call Forums, and there descriptions, please set out all entries like this, or they will not be included (you don't have to have sub-sections):

Note: This forum is not meant to steal TheHelper.Net users, it is merely a forum for progress of the Warcraft 3 Mapping Organization.

WC3MappingOrganization.com
Something like that or
WC3Mappingprojects.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.