Reaction score
heres my problem....

i open warcraft to test a map
warcraft works fine
i exit the program via F10 or something like that
i try to reopen warcraft after changing something in the world editor
messsage box says that warcraft is already open
have to restart computer to test map again

ive tried starting warcraft a second time through world editor, icon on desktop, or through the start menu

ive tried closing warcraft through F10, exiting to the main menu and then quitting, alt f4, and control alt delete

after the message box pops up, i try closing warcraft through control alt delete but it doesnt work

i have the most recent update from blizzard

what could be the problem? it worked fine before the update so i think its the update, but maybe somebody else is having the same problem as me?

Templarion

Reaction score
I really don't know.

I always uninstall, defragment and reinstall if something doesn't work and I have no idea why. That's something you can try at least.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
usually it can happen when wc3 doesnt fully close, like the window closes, but the system doesnt. go to ctrl+alt+delete, go to processes tab, and look for wc3 in there, then right-click and end process tree. see if its there and if it is try that.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Whenever you exit try:

Ctrl + Alt + Delete
Processes
Find: "war3.exe" (or whatever it is called)
Select it
End Process
Say "Yes"

That generally works. Or as a last resort, uninstall/reinstall as mentioned above.

B

beta2

...i hvae a question too, sorta under the same category.

When i click the test map button in the editor, and the loading screen gets to about 75%. The game jsut turns off. There is no popup that tells me any errors, just desktop.... how can i fix this or what is wrong.

It happens to only a few certain maps. Maybe some kind of trigger or object mix up. BUt i have maybe 10 VERY uncomplicated triggers and just basic unit changes. I dont know what could be wrong.

Sorry if i bumped this thread, but i cant seem to make my own. :p

Any answer would be appreciated, thank you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.