warcraft freezes up when I try join a game.

master maste

Reaction score
When I click on a game (b.net or LAN) the computer just freezes up. . . I see my wc3 cursor on the "play game" button but I can see my normal mouse moving around. . .

I tried pressing the windows key, alt f4, and ctrl alt delete. none of these worked to close it down, in the end I need to restart the computer.

Any idea what is going wrong?:nuts:

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
If you got a bootleg wc3 version it does the thing, else I dunno.

Maybe check your Task manager...

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
Sometimes, your computer, or the program running, will lock up if your firewall stops the connection. What happens is there's a prompt that comes up, but you can't see it since you have your game up. You have your firewall to allow Warcraft and such?

At the moment that's what I can think of, but I'm just brainstorming.

R@d14nc3

Reaction score
apart from our dear moderator's thoughts, I'd add:

1.I am unsure of LAN, but bnet overload connections when using a shared network PC can 'kick' you out of the programm or stuck on it.

2.connection problems in your cables might cause that. Check them.

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
If you see your regular cursor that means that your computer is trying to minimize warcraft and return you to windows desktop, or that you have a background program that is taking priority over warcraft 3.

Have you tried reinstalling?

S

Shadowics

Hello,

I am having the same problem, 'join game' completely locks you wc3, the mouse cursor is visible, but I have to hard-reset the computer.

It is a real version with my cdkey and the real dc in the drive.

I do have a firewall - zonealarm - but it's already been configured to allow all connections for warcraft3

There's no problem with my cables, and there's nothing running in the background.

My suggestion? look at this interesting bug at http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=4619 - they had the exact same problem running it under emulation in wine.

This is a bug in warcraft, that happened to show it's self on some windows systems and under wine at one point, and something should be done about it.

Edit - after some amount of trial and error, I confirmed that my bug was exactly like they described on the site I linked. Warcraft 3 only hangs if you try to connect to a game that you would be rejected from, it is possible to play normally.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.