Ward Classification - Wonders of it?

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It has come across to me that for my Castle defense map, which i have being throwing unit control to 1 player for each force will definitely cause congestion. Most noted is when my terrain has increased, it causes units to be jammed in base, not moving out.

I looked at the methods employed by Castle Fight, where they give units the Ward Classification. For what i have experimented with, is that it is able to mask all command buttons on the unit. But it is not able to prevent the input of the "Smart" command.

What i want to know is that, if a Ward unit has :
- Orb of lightning ability
- Plague Cloud
- Slow Poison
- Orb of Slow
- Critical

Do they take effect? And what is the best method i can use to make sure that they do not react to the Smart Command (Or the most not be affected by it) Without removing them out of selection.

Thanks to anyone whom can answer my question. :)

Angelusz

Reaction score
What exactly do you mean by the "Smart Command"? It is a known fact that the Warcraft III Engine doesn't handle many units at once well. This means that if a player moves many units at the same time, the advanced pathing calculations that the engine uses start intersecting for those units, meaning it has to re-calculate the movement trajectory every step the units make. This causes massive clogging. If that's the case for you; there's really no solid way to fix this except for working around it. E.g. making a movement system that orders the units to move in groups, instead of all at once. Also, you could try spreading the units over several players.

Also, the ward's only effect known to me is that it hides the unit's commandbuttons, beside that, I don't know if it does anything at all. So yes, the passive abilities/buffs should affect wards. They can get the debuffs if "ward" is set in the ability's possible target list. (since the unit's classification is now Ward)

If this does not help, please give me some more info on what exactly your problem is, I might have misunderstood.

~Angelusz

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Events : A unit is issued an order targeting ... (a point, a unit...)
Conditions : (Issued order) not equal to "smart" (something like this in string comparaison)
Actions : Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

A ward unit is like a regular unit without the normal UI.

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
So if i were to have ward units, and then give them those passive spells, they work right? Even for Triggered Passive Spells.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.