Warp Stalk

Nightshadow

Reaction score
Hey again guys, im trying to make an ability called Warp Stalk, where, when evasion procs(activates) the unit moves to the back of the attacking unit and does whatever... this I can do on my own, but how do I make the event Evasion procs? Even if i have to use Custom Scripts its all good, as long as you tell me what to type ^^ I appreciate the help guys! :p

Your friendly terrainer, Nightshadow :rolleyes:

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Hey again guys, im trying to make an ability called Warp Stalk, where, when evasion procs(activates) the unit moves to the back of the attacking unit and does whatever... this I can do on my own, but how do I make the event Evasion procs? Even if i have to use Custom Scripts its all good, as long as you tell me what to type ^^ I appreciate the help guys! :p

Your friendly terrainer, Nightshadow :rolleyes:

sorry is evasion procs an ability? tell please lol...

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
Could you explain what you mean by "evasion procs"?
Evasion is a passive spell...?

frozenwind.

EDIT PS:
If you mean "cast ability" u need to do:
Code:
Events
    Unit - an unit begins the effect of an ability
Conditions
    Ability being cast is equal to >ur spell<
Action
    "do whatever" [size=-1]to use your words.[/size]

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
if its a passive, you shuld detect if a unit attacks, attaked unit has this ability, then run a random number generator from 1-100 and set that to a variable, if the variable if less then or equal to <your evade rate> then make a dummy unit to curse the attacking unit for 100% for .1 seconds <this shuld make it so it actualy misses when the thing actualy hits> remove last created unit then do your actions, else do nothing

Nightshadow

Reaction score
>Evasion Procs = When the Ability Evasion(Or in this case Warp Stalk, which is based on Evasion) activates, so, when attacker misses.

Thats informative, thanks alot Psi, but one question... How do I make custom >Issue Dummy Unit to cast Curse... how do I put custom abilities in there, otherwise the unit wont miss.

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
To order a unit to cast a custom spell order it to cast the original spell you based your custom ability off.
Remember to give the unit the custom ability either through triggers when the dummy is made or by object editor

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
Remember to give the unit the custom ability either through triggers when the dummy is made or by object editor
And remember to check wether you're able to target the unit that you should target.
And now your busy though...,
also check wether the dummy doesn't get removed to fast so he doesn't have time to cast curse.

frozenwind.

Nightshadow

Reaction score
Hey thxs alot guys, just 2 things.
Can you give me an example of Ordering a unit to cast a custom ability?
How exactly would the variable for the % work?

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Code:
set (Integer) to a random number between 1 and 100
if
Integer is equal to or less then 33 <this is 33%>
then
Set L = Position of attacking unit
create 1 (curse dummy) at L  faceing 270 degrees
Add exireation timer for last created unit for 1 seconds
order last created unit to curse attacking unit
call RemoveLocation (ugd_L)
else

please note, this is free write
L is a point variable
integer is a integer variable

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Can you give me an example of Ordering a unit to cast a custom ability?

to get a unit to cast a custom ability, find the specific ability you based it on.

say, you made an ability called DummyAbility, and you based it originally on Taunt. when you want a unit to cast DummyAbility, you will have to 'Issue an order with no target' and find the Taunt ability in the orders list (which would be under Night Elf - Taunt or Neutral - Taunt, more than likely Night Elf though)

also, psiblade, you dont really need to set an integer variable, just use

Code:
Random number between 1 and 100 less than or equal to 33

making a variable for it just takes up space and time tbh

Nightshadow

Reaction score
Okay, awesome, you guys da best. Send me a msg if you need any help on terraining haha there i can help, I havent bothered looking for Terraining Help forums =P

Nightshadow

Reaction score
Hey again guys... I tried it only now, the whole thing works... except for the Curse, the attack's not dodged.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Code:
Learn
    Events
        Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    Conditions
        (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to YourAbility 
        (Learned skill level) Equal to 1
    Actions
        Trigger - Add to Being Damaged <gen> the event (Unit - (Triggering unit) Takes damage)

Code:
Being Damaged
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 40
            Then - Actions
                Set Temp_Point = (Position of (Damage source))
                Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + (Damage taken))
                Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Temp_Point offset by 120.00 towards ((Facing of (Damage source)) + 180.00) degrees), facing (Facing of (Damage source)) degrees
                Floating Text - Create floating text that reads miss! above (Damage source) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
                Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 128.00 towards 90.00 degrees
                Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Temp_Point)
                -------- Do your actions here --------
            Else - Actions

This trigger has a 40% chance to teleport the hero behind the attacker and do something. But this trigger is based off Damage Taken event, meaning even if you take damage from spell, there is a chance for you to teleport also. I dont know how to fix this. Hope this is good enough for you. :) It is leakless.

Edit: It is not MUI. It only can be done MPI.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.